Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Deer Bedded Under Your Stand >

Deer Bedded Under Your Stand

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer Bedded Under Your Stand

Old 11-11-2002, 06:21 AM

Default Deer Bedded Under Your Stand

Perhaps a strange question, but how do you get rid of deer that have bedded under your stand without ruining the whole area? I got in my stand well before first light when two nice sized does came into my area around 8:45. I decided to pass on shooting one of them as I killed a doe last week and both does were looking over their shoulders so I was thinking a buck was trailing. No buck ever showed and the two does decided to bed down at about 30 yards. At first I thought this was pretty cool because it must have meant that I had proper scent control, was hunting the wind properly, etc., but after an hour of them bedding down and no bucks coming, I wanted to get down and switch areas. I tried grunting and doe bleats but nothing budged them. I ended up waiting until almost 11:00 before they finally decided to leave the area to feed in a near by field. Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 11-11-2002, 06:26 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-11-2002, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Deer Bedded Under Your Stand

Having 2 does nearby during the rut can be golden. However, if you really have to get down, try making noises that aren't exactly natural, but won't spook them either. I've tried snapping my fingers with some success.

Today's small bucks are tomorrow's trophies.
Old 11-11-2002, 07:06 AM

If I have 2 doe's bedded under my stand during the rut I'am the happiest guy in the woods. You have the best Buck attraction on the market and with 2 of them you've just doubled you odd's. I would not consider changing stand's I would stay put. If I'am late for work....write me up!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-11-2002, 07:14 AM

i would have to agree with everyone else about does during the rut. if i had to try to get them out of there i would probably throw something close buy. but i have never had that problem.

Old 11-11-2002, 08:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Cindog as others have said there is no better buck attractant than a live doe, but what has worked for me is cracking as big a limb as possible, usually it will spook them, but seeing as to how limbs fall and break all the time in the woods they won't tie it to a human.

The Tazman aka Martin Price
Founder and President of
Virginia Disabled Outdoorsmen Club
Old 11-11-2002, 09:43 PM

Take some walnuts or rocks with you and try to hit em, that way if ya do they will move, noone likes to get hit with a walnut

Shoot straight and shoot often.