Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tekan II

Old 09-17-2006, 01:38 PM

Default Tekan II

Any one else using these heads? man i lovethe accuracy. my bud has been using Tekan's for 3 years now, and saying how he loves them, then he finally got me to try them.I usually got to go on the blood trail with him when he shot a deer, he always had pass throughs and good blood(shot placement is 99%) but never thought much of expandables. lately good double lung shots with my muzzys were giving a so so trail. Any way anyone else have good OR bad experiences with the Tekan II's?
How do i change my user name cause i'm leaving muzzy's behind like so many others.
Old 09-17-2006, 03:17 PM

Default RE: Tekan II

I'm using them this year.
I've used the Magnus 2 blade "Nugent" blades for the past 4 years
I was unhappy with the way they always bend. Even on pass thru lung shots, the blade would bend just going into the ground. Hit a shoulder? Forget it, they bend around like the top of a Dairy Queen cone. I had that happen 2 seasons ago on what would've been the biggest buck of my life. I got a whole 1" of penetration and the arrow more or less just bounced off him.
Killed lots of deer with them but they are not very durable in my opinion.

I had some real bad luck several years ago with Spitfires and had given up on expandables til now.
I like the slide back design of the Tekan IIs over the flip over from the front that the Spitfires have.
We will see how they work.
I have 2 weeks before season starts.