Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

g5 tekan

Old 04-17-2009, 05:44 PM

Default g5 tekan

is anybody using this broadhead. what are your thoughts of it. how does it shoot and compare to the rage. thanks. how is penetration with this head.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:42 AM
Spike

Default RE: g5 tekan

I have been shootting them for over 3yrs. now and I haven't had any problems with them. They are very easy to change the blades because there are no set screws. I've shot over 10 deer with them and I haven't had any breakage with the blades. Great blood trails and I also use them with my 60lb. bow with out any problems. Good luck deerman69
Old 04-26-2009, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't like them. I bought the new black ones, and sold them to a buddy for like $10.

I never shot a deer with them, because when I practiced with them the blade would slide open to easily. They also just didn't look sharp and did not inspire confidence. IMHO.

Also, if you are going to get a 2 blade, 1.5" seems small.

I don't shoot Rages either, but that is only b/c everybody shoots them (I dunno why that makes me not like them), andI don't like that they can open accidentally.
Ilove the Innerloc EXP 3 blade 1.5". Very accurate, great penetration - best in one of those broadhead review tests. I only shoot 61lb,and I lost a deerdue to poor penetration (and shot placement = high again). It certainly isn'ton most people's list, but it rocks. I hit a 200lb. buck high b/c it was 10 yards away and down in a ditch, and it went through the middleof the thickest part of the rib (where it connects) anddrove just through the bottom of the other side. Picked them up on ebay for real cheap, but new they are priced like any other head. Also, since they have a clip-loc, you can shoot them open through mesh on a groundblind, which I plan on giving a go this year.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:43 AM
Typical Buck

my dad shoots them out of his horton xbow. Accounted for three doe last season. All complete pass throughs and nasty blood trails. Cant say it was because it was flung out of an xbow either. My Tribute is faster than his little horton.