Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

TEKAN 2

Old 01-09-2006, 12:48 PM

Default TEKAN 2

ANYBODY USING THE TEKAN2???? I WAS CONSIDERING TRYING SOMETHING NEW ON MY UPCOMING HUNT. ANY GOOD OR BAD INPUT WOULD BE GREAT. ANY OTHER RECOMENDATIONS FOR A GOOD EXPANDABLE??????
Old 01-09-2006, 03:40 PM

Default RE: TEKAN 2

I've had my eye on that broadhead also. I just havn't seen any data/articles to test or describe it's performance. The only two concern I had with it was accuracy potential with those 5/8 fixed blades sticking out and the rearward movement of blades getting the channels clogged with target material during practice days. Accuracy is hard tocompare and prove. Looking forward to hearing reviews. It sure looks stronger than my SpitFires.

Here is the link for those who are interested in the product Baron is speaking of.

http://www.g5outdoors.com/Products/ProductDetail.aspx?productid=2
Old 01-09-2006, 09:35 PM

well i just got done shooting my new tekans. i bought 100 grain heads. i shot 15 rounds of three. at thirty yards i was able to group about 2.25" consistently and they already cost me a vane. i am pretty impressed, i am new to this sport i just bought a bow about 2 months ago so i got along ways to go. i also bought a pack of the nap crossfires and the tekans where much more consistant and accurate for me. the tekans did get full of target foam which was sorta a hassel and also i had to replace two o-rings all together which i guess is not to bad since the other designs i saw at the store looked like the o-rings where 1 time only. anyways im going to west texas this weekend for a deer hunt and i am hopefully going to get the opportunity to try out the tekan on some real flesh!!!!! i will let you know how they perform. oh and both heads still had a pretty decent edge left on them after shooting and right from the box they where both able to shave hair.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:30 PM

I have one friend who has shot 2 does with tekans with good results. He told my other friend about it and he, Matt, decided to shoot it. Keep in mind that Matt shoots jak hammers and has had great results......he is a mechanical fan...well, that is, if it is a jak...
On a recent hunt in the midwest, he had a 25 yard broadside shot on a 140 class deer. He centered the lungs. Upon picking up his arrow, he was horrified to see both blades gone! The blood trail was weak, then decent, then gone. So was the deer.
With mechanicals, it is very important to be careful. There are a few heads out there that stand above the rest. Stick with them. Jak Hammers, Vortex, Steelheads, Spitfires...and for the bigger ones, shoot enough horsepower.
Old 01-12-2006, 05:17 PM
Typical Buck

I took a doe with the originals this fall & it performed as good as any other. dead deer in less than 30 yards. They have a Tekan 2 now that adresses the blade retention issue somehow. I have some but theyre still in the package. They look a little different but I cant say how they improved them. I'm mostly hunting from blinds now but if I get a shot not thru the mesh I plan on using a tekan tipped arrow.
Old 01-15-2006, 09:12 AM

I've shot these this past season took a doe with them!! Left a great blood trail looked like 2 pitchers of blood poured.... shoot great as mechanicals!! will try them on hogs in the spring... give them a try
Old 01-16-2006, 06:33 AM

I haven't had any experience with the Tekan but my experience w/ two blades tells me to stay away from them. They just don't open up a big enough hole for me personally. I used a package of2 blade expandables several years ago and did not like the bloodtrails they produced at all. I shot one doe that year right thru the lungs and watched her pile up about 70yds away. When I went to look to see what the bloodtrail looked like it was almost nonexistent. GET A GOOD 3 BLADE! JMO

Old 01-16-2006, 08:49 AM
Fork Horn

I used the original Tekan in 03 and had good luck with them. 2 shots 2 kills. The doe ran 20 yds. and piled up and the 10pt buckI shot ran 50 yds. and piled up. The only downfall I found with them was that in the originals the blades due seem to fall out. Lost one blade in a target and lost one in the ground after it went through the deer.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

They did very well in my broadhead tests. They are strong, accurate, penetrate very well and are fairly sharp. great overall heads.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:30 PM

well i took my first bow harvest this past weekend with the tekan 2. i shot an axis doe at about 35 yards. it was a great hit thru both lungs but she ran 50 yards with not much of a blood trail. to me thats not that good but im used to shooting deer with a 7mm mag and having them drop in there tracks. any suggestions on a particular brodhead that will be more devistating.... i like the accuracy of the expandables please help or atleast tell me if this is normal\

Quick Reply: TEKAN 2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.