Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bow stolen

Old 09-14-2006, 01:15 AM

Default RE: bow stolen

That sucks man, it would just about bring a tear to my eyes if i lost one of my babies( 5 bows ).
Old 09-14-2006, 02:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

GEE Stinks
Old 09-14-2006, 03:37 AM

That sucks man. Sorry to hear it.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

man this is getting really bad, stands stolen, bows stolen, garages being broken into, wtf is wrong with people these days, they have no respect all they think of is themselves. This really gets me steamed. I hope to god it never happens to me. sorry about everyones losses this year this year seems to be the worst i have ever seen.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:50 AM
Typical Buck

Someone picked it up off the road? I doubt they would have taken it otherwise. Don't really know if you can considered it stolen. If you found a bow in the middle of the road would you stand there and wait for the owner to come back? You have to take some responsiblity here. When I travel with my bow I am as carefull as can be.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hate to hear you lost your bow.

It might be worth running a lost add in the local paper.

Why would someone take just the bow instead of the entire case? any bicycle riders in the area (kids w/ no means to carry the entire package)?

Gotta love locking tailgates.

Old 09-17-2006, 01:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Why would someone take just the bow instead of the entire case? any bicycle riders in the area (kids w/ no means to carry the entire package)?
That is what I was wondering. I foundit off to the side of the road. It had some pretty bad damage to it as if someone had hit with their vehicle, which i'm thankful it didn't cause any accidents. As for why someone would take the bow rather then the case? My guess would have been the bow itself had fallen out of the case. The location of the road itself is pretty dangerous for people, especially kids riding their bikes on. I filed a report with the local law enforcment so they'll keep an eye for it but i am doubtful
Old 09-17-2006, 01:25 AM

ORIGINAL: kodiak41226

ORIGINAL: Predator19

If somebody opened the case to get the bow out there will be finger prints.
Ya but in the eye's of the law I think they would consider the bow "abandoned" and anyone could legally pick it up.
Not to mention that everyones' fingerprints are not on file. They would have to of had a previous criminal record.

Sorry to hear about that Redhawk. Good luck!