Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bow stolen

Old 09-13-2006, 04:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default bow stolen

Recently I was living in Texas but it just didn't work out for me in terms of career and relationship wise. My now ex's brother offered to help me get some things out of storage since he was heading to town. I didn't have that much stuff but I had my bow incase. Because of how big it was, i figured it would be best to put in last..big mistake. He was good o country boy so he loved his music loud. During the 30 mile trip, we lost a few boxes when his tailgate fall down. Yes, you guessed it,including my case. We didn't realized this until we got back to the house. I told him what had happened so we went back to find the boxes. I'm not sure how far we went but we came across another box with a few things of his, everything was on it. We just couldn't find twhat i was really looking for even after a few hours. By this point it was getting pretty late so I relentuly called it a night. I went back the next morning in hopes to find it, i found the case but the bow wasn't in it. I figured maybe it had fallen out so i looked, and looked, and looked, and no find . So its either somewhere out there or worse, someone stole it....[:@]
Old 09-13-2006, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bow stolen

Man Red Hawk that sucks!!!
I often wondered about my bows blowing out of the back of the truck going down the highway,I now keep them in the x-cab of my truck.
I would put a add in the local papper lost and found,put $$$$$Big Reward$$$$ in bold writing.Maybe worth a shot.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:07 PM

If somebody opened the case to get the bow out there will be finger prints.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:20 PM
Typical Buck

I know your pain, Red Hawk. Last year I had mine in a soft case in the back of my truck and lost it on the 40 mile trip back home one night. I guess it just blew out because I didn't stop anywhere on the way home but it sure was gone when I got there. Brand new bow, 1 kill. I almost cried. Still do. Oh well. Gotta move on.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:34 PM

red hawk i feel for ya ., i know how you are feeling ., i had mine stold from my locked garage monday night ., they took my whole bow pakage,. so needlees to say i had to go buy all new., good luck trying to get it back but i really dont think it will happen niether will i ever see mine again., BUT if i see somebody some year shooting my bow .,hummm?????
Old 09-13-2006, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

awwww man thats is horrible........
Old 09-13-2006, 06:05 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry for your loss man, its always hard to loose a bow
Old 09-13-2006, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

wow that sucks sorry to hear that
Old 09-13-2006, 06:21 PM

ORIGINAL: Predator19

If somebody opened the case to get the bow out there will be finger prints.
Ya but in the eye's of the law I think they would consider the bow "abandoned" and anyone could legally pick it up.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:05 PM
Fork Horn

I don't think that it is considered abandoned until a certain amount of time is up. I think it's actually a few weeks. A police officer I know once mentioned that to me when I told him I had a stand hung on public land.

Quick Reply: bow stolen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.