Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ?? question about google earth >

?? question about google earth

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

?? question about google earth

Old 09-03-2006, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default ?? question about google earth

how do i save it to post it on here so i can mark it and get opinions about stand location?????
Old 09-03-2006, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ?? question about google earth

I'm not sure, but on the free version, I don't think they allow you to save a pic of an area to your pc, untill you pay for it somehow, I was fooling around with it, and I couldn't even get it to copy and past to a current software program like Excel, or word, others may know more here, try contacting google and ask them.
Old 09-03-2006, 12:08 PM

you can save images from the free google earth. there is a save image under the file button.

Mark

this is a picture of my hunting ground highlighted in yellow in MSPaint.

Old 09-04-2006, 09:44 AM
Typical Buck

If you can't get it to work, you can always try yahoo maps. http://maps.yahoo.com/. Type in the location that you want in the left hand side. When your happy with that location, in the upper right hand corner of the map, click on the beta version. You get the option of satellite, clickthat and you get a good updated photo.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:01 AM

If I remember right I think Rick James is the one who helped me so I will try and pass it on right. When you get the image up that you want on your computer screen you hit the Print Screen button. Then you go to your start menu and open up your standard Paint program, it may be under the accessories tab. Then when paint is up and the screen is blank go to the edit tab on top and hit paste. Now when you do all this you get every thing that was on the screen with the pic. To edit it, on the left side of the screen in paint you should have a toolbar and at the top of it should be a outlined box with dotted lines, click that. Then go to your image and click and drag that box over the image you want to save. After that is done hit CTRL and X at the same time, the image you want should have disapeared and your left with the stuff you dont want. Now go back up to the FILE tab and hit new and reopen paint with a fresh screen. Once paint is open and the screen is clear hit the CTRL and V and the image you want that was in the dotted lines will show up. Then you can resize it and paint it all up and such!! Sorry so long, hope it helps.