Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Question about Google Earth. >

Question about Google Earth.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question about Google Earth.

Old 11-13-2006, 09:37 AM

Default Question about Google Earth.

Does anybody know why some of the areas on google earth are blurry? Some of the places I hunt are crystal clear but others aren't. I downloaded the free version and I wondered if I paid for the other program if everything would be clear. I know this might be in the wrong place but most of us use some sort of program like this..
Old 11-13-2006, 09:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Question about Google Earth.

I don't know..But the pics in my area are so outdated..it's of little use. Heck my house doesn't even exist and we built in 2001-2002.

It really needs updated to be of use.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:03 AM
Spike

You might want to try going to www.terraserver.com and using their satellite images. Most of the stuff I've looked up is recent and clear. The only downside is that you have to pay a subscription fee to get the closest images.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

they are not done with all the arial photos yet.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Try www.local.live.com
Old 11-13-2006, 10:07 AM
Dominant Buck

They don't have as detailed info on all areas, outdated.... BUT... the blurry images may have something to do with your video card. It takes a good video card to run it correctly. The trial version doesn't have all the bells and whistles that the full version does either.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:19 PM

I dont like Google earth, someone tipped me off to "Yahoo Beta maps" and those are way better and much clearer images. Just go to yahoo,click on maps, then look up in the right hand corner and you will see Beta map, click on that and then click satelite image.
You will like it better.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Google Earth is good, but some areas aren't crystal clear, since they don't have all the updated satellite images.

The best, most incredible, most unbelievable site, that I found is: Acme Mapper.

OMG, is this thing awesome! You have like 5 different views to choose from (Satellite, Topo, Map, etc...) Punch in your street address,click on "DOQ", then zoom all the way in as far as it will go. Ain't that a hoot? I mean, it is so fine detailed, it will show you standing on your back deck with a bud light in one hand, grilling a steak on your grill. Your dog is peeing ona tree near the fence, and your son is kicking a soccer ball into a net!!!

http://mapper.acme.com/

Butch A.

Old 11-13-2006, 01:54 PM

Do you know how to get the yahoo beta maps to print more than just that tiny picture when you clikc printable version?
Old 11-13-2006, 02:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not sure about Yahoo Maps (beta).... I just doodled around with it, and can't get it to print large. The only thing I could suggest, is to get your map displayed on screen just how you like it, then do "CTRL + PRINT SCREEN", and then open up Windows Paint (or Photoshop, Jasc PaintShop Pro, etc...) and then "Paste" the image. From there, you can print it however big you want.

Butch A.

Quick Reply: Question about Google Earth.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.