Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tips on whitetail deer hunting >

Tips on whitetail deer hunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tips on whitetail deer hunting

Old 09-04-2006, 10:11 AM
Spike

Default Tips on whitetail deer hunting

Need tips on deer hunting
Old 09-04-2006, 10:14 AM

Default RE: Tips on whitetail deer hunting

Ummmm......ok....go sit in the woods, when deer walks by, shoot deer.

J/K......Patience, and read everything you can get your hands on. HNI is a GREAT place to start, there is information on this board you can't even imagine! Magazines are good tools as well, but the best is experience. Get out there and just do it. Keep an open mind and you'll learn something from every hunt. OH, and don't forget to have fun, that's the most important part.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:29 AM

be comfortable, you won't last long if your not. Always use the wind to your advantage. Spend as much time in the tree or blind as you can. and the biggest thing, BE PATIENT.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Want to tag the local legend?Move away from obvios staging areas and go deep.

STAGING AREAS ARE GREAT places to hunt if you want to bag a buck. But if you want to kill a big one,you need to back up. While does,fawns, and young bucks tend to gather on the brushy edges of prime food sources an hour or so before dark, the largest bucks on a given property usually avoid these major staging areas during legal shooting hours. Instead , they hang back in isolated spots of thicker cover or rougher terrain, a little closer to bedding cover. I think of these as micro, or fringe, staging areas. Mostly micro staging areas are roughly 1/4 to 1 acre in size they may only be 50 to 100 yards back from a main staging area.But always remember to look for thick like jungle cover and look for any buck signs that you can find i that area. This is an all day stand tactic becuse if you want to shoot the big buck in that area you must let the younger deer go by without spooking them. And then the bigger deer should know that it is safe to go thru there now. And then you can take home a nice buck.

P.S This took me a while to write and i know that this tip will work well for any hunter willingly to shoot a local giant. GOOD LUCK HUNTIN AND PUT YOUR STAND I THE SPOTS I TOLD YOU IT WILL PAY OF GOOD.

Wasn't the above posted by YOU on 8/22???? Seems you don't need much help after all. And didn't you get busted TWICE claiming other people kills as your own?

GO AWAY TROLL
Old 09-04-2006, 11:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Bio, your absolutely correct...thanks for pointing that out.