Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 HHA sight owners >

HHA sight owners

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

HHA sight owners

Old 08-31-2006, 11:54 PM

Default HHA sight owners

Stupid question, but how do you attach the quiver bracket with these sights installed? I've got the 5500 (I think) with a slide, which doesn't allow me to attachthe piece that holds the quiver.

I didn't see any additional bolts, etc in the package. Am I missing something?
Old 09-01-2006, 12:07 AM

Default RE: HHA sight owners

when i opened this up i thought you had a post making fun of people who shoot with sights, hmm that is what i get for speed reading posts, but anyways can you overlap your quiver and sight, or is there another bolt hole next to the sight hole? what kind of bow do you shoot?
Old 09-01-2006, 12:12 AM

Idaho, the bow is a Hoyt UltraSport. I tried to mount the quiver over the sight, but the sight slide pushes it out too far. I'm wondering if I need to get longer bolts, or some kind of additional hardware for this. Ha, the stupid thing is I've had the sight on the bow for months, I just haven't usedthe quiver, and didn't realize this was a problem for my setup until tonight.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

You need longer bolts. It also wouldnt hurt to put spacers over the bolts.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

They sell a piece of plastic that extends the side of your sight and gives you a mount position. My bow shop had it and they gave it to me free. I guess it is relative though since I spend good money there.

Tom
Old 09-01-2006, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot the OL-5000. It's very similar to the 5500. The package should have come with two longer screws and two pieces of "pipe" about 3/4" long to offset the quiver. If ya didn't get them you could get a couple at the local hardware store; 1/8" inside diameter. The screws are 10X24 and the appropriate length (about 1 1/4").

I'm trying to think of what they are called and nothing is tweaking my brain. They are really a split pin made from steel.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:38 AM

Thanks guys. When I bought the sight, I bought a display model. They shop gave it to me at a deal since they had now others in stock. This would explain why I didn't get that other hardware I guess.

Thanks again for the help.