Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

finger shooters

Old 08-26-2003, 06:03 AM
WBS

Default finger shooters

Need advice on a good rest to use when shooting with fingers. I am planning to switch from a release and wanted some advice. Can' t do it with the style I have, Arrow wants to roll off of rest when drawn.
Thanks,
WBS
Old 08-26-2003, 07:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: finger shooters

Golden Key Futura makes oodles and gobs of fingers rests. A few of my favorites are the ArroTrack, Ultraflight, Star Hunter and Flipmaster, not to metion the good old springie. They' ve got a Traditional rest I' d like to give a try because of it' s simplicity. Take a look at their site. They' ve got fingers rests scattered pretty much all through it, but especially high number is in their oldies section.

www.goldenkeyarchery.com
Old 08-26-2003, 08:42 AM

I use the NAP Plungerrest Flipper. Have always had great success with it, and it' s easy to tune.
Old 08-26-2003, 09:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Only problem with the Plungerest is they don' t make them any more. It was a very good rest, but the stampede to shooting releases killed it off.
Old 08-26-2003, 05:06 PM

i have been a finger shooter always, and only with a compound, but cant tell you
what mfg the rest is, it just dosen' t say, with this new bear code, at the pro shop,
we did have a hard time finding the perfect setup, this was 4 years ago, and as
the guys said, it uses a plunger, and a spring loaded L shaped rest, were theres clearance between the plunger and the rest, i real love this setup, but one thing
for bad rolloff, definatly use feather fletch, this setup has produced 2 P&Y bucks,
for me,
in 4 years, so i wish you the best, and good luck,,