Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Early rutting??

Old 08-19-2006, 07:09 AM

Default Early rutting??

I was in upper michigan(gaylord) this week. We were taking my sister back to college and making a vacation out of it. The hotel we were at was a golf/ski resort surrounded by woods. While I was taking a walk one evening I saw a small 4 pointer chasing a doe grunting and snorting. the doe ran off when it saw me but the buck just stood there looking at me for a full minute. It then ran off into the woods after the doe and I could still hear it grunting. Does anybody know whats up?
Old 08-19-2006, 07:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Early rutting??

Chances are its not an early rut, if it is were all in trouble this year. Chances are he was trying to be dominant. Its not uncommon to see youn bucks strut around acting dominant this time of the year, it wont be long the bucks will begin to spar. Sounds to me as if they were just playing around. he figured out he can vocalize.