Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 summit stands for bow hunting >

summit stands for bow hunting

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

summit stands for bow hunting

Old 08-10-2006, 09:21 PM
Typical Buck

Default summit stands for bow hunting

first off are they really worth what you pay for? and if so please indacate why they are so much better than other climbers? second.

what is the differences between the viper classic and the viper SS? and is the difference worth the extra 100 dollars? or is another summit model better than both of them(archery and gun)?
the third thing is for people who have been comparing prices ofall these stands. is$149 (dicks sporting goods)a good price for the classicor are there better deals on summit stands somewhere else.
any of your imputwould be great thanks.
Jeff

Old 08-10-2006, 09:48 PM

Default RE: summit stands for bow hunting

I can't answer all questions but I can tell you thatI own a summit bullet backpacker and love the thing. I'm a big man at 280 andI feel safe in it. I have no problems bow hunting out of it. I'm not saying it's the best on the market just the best I have hunted out of. Hope this helps...
Old 08-10-2006, 09:59 PM
Typical Buck

I've been thinking of getting a new summit goliath, since I'm 6'4 and 250lbs I hear nothing but good things from everyone I've asked. I am positive that I will have one for this season.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:31 PM
Typical Buck

thanks. any more opinions would be greatly appreicated.
thanks Jeff S.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:38 PM
Spike

I don't haveSummit (Loggy), but I would think $149 for any reputable named climber, is about right.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:21 PM

I have a Summit...stand is very light and is easy to use..nice stand and worth the money.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:36 PM
Fork Horn

I bought the Summit Viper XLS and I love it. The only addition I may make is tobuy the optional footrest for a little extra leg room (I'm 6' 3"). But it's sturdy, comfortable, and I wouldn't trade it for any other stand.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

thats the going price for the Classic....i almost bought one at dicks, but i found out that its made of steel and weighs 27lbs opposed to alumanum and weighin what like 18-20 for the regular viper? i like the looks of the viper. that bar is positioned nice to make me feel safe and secure(and if i gun hunt it would make a darn fine rest. i just gota see what money comes my direction! lol.....we shall see....i definently want a climber by sept 29th!!!! i may go with the classic. 7 extra pounds shouldnt kill me......or will it!?!? lol. i know some of my hikes are close to a mile in. when i get mobile back there i tend to walk a giant loop and know alot of spots id like to climb a tree and wait for a while....we will see what happens......i just got some bills and some other things to take care of.....