Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
IM SICK OF SOME OF YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!! >

IM SICK OF SOME OF YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

IM SICK OF SOME OF YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-07-2002, 05:54 PM
VBM

Default RE: IM SICK OF SOME OF YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!

James, I believe that Grim is just a very passionate hunter with a low tolerance for stupidity. I don't think he should be ignored, however he could learn to be a little less judgemental. With his passion for the sport he could help many of the newer hunters to make the correct decisions the first time out. It is true that he can be blunt and rude at times but you never are in doubt as to his feelings. LOL.
Old 11-07-2002, 06:39 PM

James first off I have made alot of post's complimenting people on their deer and stories and I have also aswered alot of questions. I had alot of numbers lost from my name and I was here last year. Second I in no way want to piss off or harras any one. However yes I will get mad and I will say my piece and I will not in any way change or hide my ethics or morals be it in the field or on this message board. Third I have every right in the field or here to tell some one like it is when they cross the line all of us as sportsman MUST follow. Fourth if you would READ what I post I said I don't have a problem with someone asking a question. I have a problem with people wounding deer (when there was some thing they did to be neglegent) or taking a poor shot. If someone wants to know which arrows to use fine great ask away but don't come here and brag about taking a very poor shot and then getting lucky. when The guy that posted about taking the shot through the brush over the tree and hoping for a high hit I got very upset and a few people even defended him. I about fell off the darn couch how could any decent hunter defend another hunter for deciding to take that kinda shot. That offended me so James if you don't like what I write don't ever read another post of mine again I realy don't give a hoot I am not bending or changing or comprimising my beliefs for you or any one else I hope you read every thing I wrote this time and understand it very carefuly becouse this is last time I am going to explain this. This is not an issue of a new bow hunter wanting to know what broad head to use or how to tune his rest or what is the best buck lure to use. People like myself are pissed off about the slovenly pigs that tromp out into the woods and make myself you and every other decent hunter on this site look bad and give anti's one more thing to feed on. Just remember that becouse one jerk reflects on EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US! This is my opion right wrong or what ever I don't care what any one else thinks or if they want to ignore my post's. VDM I would like to thank you, you were right I am a very passionate hunter and I do have a low tolerance for stupidity and I strongly believe that all of us should give the animals we hunt enough respect to take good clean shots and practice practice practice. I don't care how good of equipment you have or how much money you make or what your favorite brand of bow is but dangit you have to practice shooting and only take a good shot.
Old 11-07-2002, 07:07 PM
Fork Horn

Matt, good post. I have something to add to #3. My departed grandfather always said---- Show me someone who doesn't make mistakes and I'll show you someone who never does anything.
Old 11-07-2002, 08:35 PM
Fork Horn

I didn't read through all of the responses, but I do agree in part. A major problem with the written word is how our feelings do not get expressed. I know for years I would irk off friends and family when sending emails solely because it was misinterpreted. I have learned to be very specific, and another thing that has helped immensely is the little happy/sad/etc. faces.....at least they enable you to TRY to express your feelings as you write the post.

I do agree with Merit though. People in general are passionate, and when you start talking about hunting it is even worse. It is worse because we all have put in so much time learning our craft that we tend to think we may know more than the next fella, and if we are trumped we almost feel slighted. Another issue is straight up pride. Even when talking about something so materialistic as our bows, we are proud of them, and almost build up hatred for other manufacturers....why...I have no clue....VERY stupid, but I have to admit I have caught myself doing it from time to time.

All that being said, I will throw in something I learned in a counseling class in grad. school....ASSUME someone's intent is GOOD. It sounds simple, but when you think about it the statement holds some serious merit. I think our entire society (myself included)could learn quite a bit if we all lived by that simple little rule.

Just my two cents guys...

Chad

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

--Albert Einstein
Old 11-07-2002, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

VBM, you may be right about Grim's feelings towards certain things. But why must he be so quick to put down everyone? It gets pretty frustrating for me to read the posts like that, not just from him, but from other members as well.
Old 11-08-2002, 08:57 PM
Fork Horn

Bump, because I think this is a pretty important thread for all to read.

Old 11-08-2002, 09:59 PM

I passed on this thread each time it (thread) it was refreshed. The title turned me off. Tonight, when the thread once again was refreshed, curiosity got the best of me. I quickly perused some of the posts and soon read that a user named “grim” had obviously fired up the thread. So I read several of the posts (all of “grim’s”) to determine a gist of what occurred.

Yes, “grim” does appear to be somewhat ticked off. He does use some hostile sounding language. However, unless I missed it, I did not see where he unnecessarily verbally assaulted any particular person by name.

After reading his posts several times, I was able to identify the core of his messages. What he is saying has merit and is extremely valid. For several years, I too have been recognizing what “grim” irately points out. I also (often) feel the frustration he feels and has strongly expressed. I have to support “grim” and the essence of his messages.

Many aspects of bowhunting has been changing for the worse. I don’t just read it here, I have seen it occurring and growing in the real world. Several times, I too have been only one cup of coffee or one cigarette from just busting out as “grim” has done here.

You may not like what he has said, and it is obvious most do not like the way he has said it, nevertheless, I strongly suggest you take the essence of his messages seriously or you just might wake up one morning to find that your state has banned bowhunting, or severely reduced the season and quota, or banned compound bows.

Edited by - c903 on 11/08/2002 23:20:01
Old 11-09-2002, 02:29 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-09-2002, 06:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thank you for all of the kind responses......unexpected as I was just speaking my mind.
I hope sincerely that some people start to take a hard look at themselves with respect to the sport and the game they pursue. Bowhunting isn't all about yeeehaaaa and wingin' arrows all over the place with an "Oh well" attitude.
Its about quiet times, getting close and really FEELING the hunt. The rights and wrongs of bowhunting are just something you should feel inside......I think anyone who picks up a bow KNOWS how things should be done. The hard part is setting limits and putting this knowledge to work from 20 feet up when an animal's life is on the line.
If the majority of people would set higher goals for themselves whether that be shooting ability, learning their equipment, tracking skills or the hundreds of other important details that are so important to success in this sport, than the comparably meaningless after thoughts that are this forum would take care of themselves.
Old 11-09-2002, 07:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Matt, your last post.......very well spoken.

Rick

Quick Reply: IM SICK OF SOME OF YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.