Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hanging stands

Old 08-03-2006, 05:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hanging stands

Well T screws are awsome if your stand is set up for one, if not you can make it so it will be, most stands these days are setup for use with a T Screw. If not heres what i do, I put up my climbing sticks, get the strapped to the tree, and while im up at the top any way I put in one of them fold up treesteps on the opposite side of where the stand will be. Also I have about a 20 foot rope attached to me that is tied to the stand, as well as my climbing harness on, this way while I pull up the stand I can lean back and have both hands free to pull up the stand, throw the chain aroundso the chain is over the screw in tree step, I hook the chain up, wahla all done. No need to finda treewith branches, I can hunt any tree by doing this. The for more security I also use a wratchet strap around the stand as well. I know it sounds like alot of work, its not. By the time ai get my climbing sticks together and strapped to the tree, put in the foldup tree step, and pull the stand up get it locked in, ive spent maybe a total of 10-15 minutes. TIm kinda glad i only have two hang ons, one ladder stand and one climber.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:39 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Hanging stands

You need a good quality climbing belt so you DON'T have to be hugging the tree. That in my opinion is the only thing that'll make it easier. It makes putting in steps, ladders whatever easier, but especially hanging the stand you need both hands and assurance you won't fall.