Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

hanging stands

Old 08-30-2008, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default hanging stands

I put up a couple hand on stands yesterday for the up coming season. well by the time i finished hanging one 18 minutes
had gone by and i was drenched in sweat. How do you guys do it that put up a stand and hunt it that day ? I was thinking of doing this and that is why i timed myself and to do it quietly. what tricks do you use ?
Old 08-30-2008, 05:57 PM

Default RE: hanging stands

IMO the people who can hang and hunt have some real talent. I know I couldn't do it effectivly. Whenever I hang stands I'm a sweating bulldozer, making noise, and it still takes me a long time to put them up.
Old 08-30-2008, 06:04 PM

yeah it gets frustrating.

some times i cant help myself from punching and cursing the tree...even sometimes throwing the whole damn stand out of the tree. :-o

i say climber stands are the way to go.
Old 08-30-2008, 06:33 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-30-2008, 06:34 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-30-2008, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I try to put them up all in 1 day. Mainly cause I end up all scratched up and sweatin and am just ready to go home. I don't have any reason to try to put 1 up and hunt it right afterwards. Maybe hang 1 in morning, go home, hunt in the evening.
Old 08-30-2008, 06:40 PM

Mabey because I'm young, but I can hang-on stand with screw in steps (Not cheap crap steps) in about 7-8 minutes. It also depends on the tree, one with good groovy(sp?) bark will make the time take less. Just tie the stand to your belt loop and pull it up. However, all my trees need a little bit of trimming before I can think about hunting them so I dont hang and hunt.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:06 PM
Fork Horn

I just bought my first hang on stand and need to put it up this week. I had some difficulty practicing getting it on the tree 5 feet off the ground. So how do you make it easier to put it up 20 feet in the tree? I think I read here once on the boards people using eye hooks for a make-shift pulley system to pull the stand up and hold in place while securing. Anyone try this?
Old 08-30-2008, 07:10 PM

i replaced my chain with a ratchet strap. that makes things alot easier
Old 08-31-2008, 04:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was using screw in steps maybe it would go better with climbing sticks ? or maybe I'm just getting to old to try carrying every thing in ,hang it then hunt . I know a few here do it because they said they like being able to hunt on trees you can't get your climber on

Quick Reply: hanging stands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.