Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

CUDDEBACK

Old 07-28-2006, 10:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: CUDDEBACK

In the Moultrie cameras the 200 model is the way to go. The 4.1MP model that Cableas has is not a true 4.1 MP, it's interpolated (software enhanced). The 3.1MP is a true 3.1MP camera nad takes great pictures, plus you have the benefit of the temp and moon phase stamping on the pics which IMO can be used as a scouting tool. Also look at the new Stealth WD2 models. They are getting very good reviews.

I too have Moultries (both 100 & 200 models) and (2) Cuddebacks (1) C3000 which is last years model 3MP and I just recently picked up a new no flash model. The 2006 models suck. the case design is horrible, they don't supply either the locking cable OR the USB cable anymore and they still charge the same price for it. There have been several reports of other problems with the new Cuddebacks as well. Depending on the pictures I get off the camera, I may send it back to Cabelas, I'm not happy with the case design at all.
Old 07-29-2006, 04:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Havn't usedany camerasin years but when I did it was a Moultrie and it sucked big time as did thier customer service. They must have come a long way to get the reviews they are receiving now because when I was having my trouble with them you couldn't find a good word about them anywhere.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rick it must have been a while because Moultrie's customer service is second to none. I also think that a lot of folks bought the Moultrie cameras thinking a $100 camera would do the same job as a $400 camera which is obviously not the case. I own (4) Moultrie camera right now and no one of them has had any warranty issues. I also have (2) Cuddebacks, one is good and one sucks, so go figure.
Old 07-29-2006, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Moultrie is a great camera... also have a Stealth35mm and it is awesome...but the trip to the film store do suck. Just bought a Moulrtie.