Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Game Cams

Old 02-08-2003, 01:05 PM

Default Game Cams

I am looking into purchasing a game cam for both biological research and my own personal deer scouting. The budget I have for this is limited and I found a few models that I am thinking of purchasing, but I was wondering if any of you already have used these models and would recommend them. A few I am looking at are...

Moultrie Game Cam II $130

Buckshot 35 Hunter - $290

If any of you know any other models I should look at I am open to any suggestions. Thanks!
Hunters Realm - Beyond the game...

Old 02-08-2003, 02:14 PM

Default RE: Game Cams

Nix the Moultrie, some folks have had good luck with them, but not most. Check this link for a long winded and very frustrating bunch of hunters with that cam..

http://www.woodystaxidermy.com/forum...threadid=11769

With that out of the way, add the Non-Typical to your list. Seems to be a good cam.

Or feel free to email me and I will put you in touch with a guy who builds his own and sells them for less that $150. I owned (fire) one and loved the cam. Took great pics and did not fail.

Jim

Visit me on the Web...
http://www.huntinginga.com
Old 02-08-2003, 06:24 PM

Thanks for the post, it was really informative Sounds like I should drop the Moultrie idea.
Hunters Realm - Beyond the game...

Old 02-08-2003, 07:33 PM

I'll back up the good reviews on the Non-Typical Deer-Cam.
advertised in GON (Georgia Outdoor News)Magazine for $229.95

and worth every penny!

http://www.cartogra.com/rs/35D6BABE-...77A760E/screen
Old 02-19-2003, 10:33 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-19-2003, 10:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have read a review on this camera and a poster on this board put some experience with the Lakota Cam. I believe it is in the Hunting Gear review forum. It is also on Jesse home page, the link you have already been provided.

It is a homebuilt camera design and costs 160 (i believe). The reviews I have read have put it much higher the Moultrie and satisfied. It might be worth a look.

Old 02-20-2003, 03:43 AM

Iowa and all,

Here is the link to my " Lakota" cam review. Take a look. Fine camera, not much more than the Moultrie....unless you count quality and great pictures as more

http://www.huntinginga.com/Lakotacamreview.html

Jim
Old 02-20-2003, 06:48 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-20-2003, 08:10 AM

OK you will get a lot of responces and opinions on this one and they will be good places to start.I use a woodswatcher which is in the $275 range,it has all the basic features like assort time delays and a good camera(Samsung)bright flash and sturdy case.Its a little easier than any other cam I' ve seen or heard about on batteries(something to consider if you are leaving it out for extended periods,cam in cold climates,or just like to buy as few of new batteries as possible thru the season)It will take 800spd film(this is good for moving animals and getting more range out of your flash, less glowing eyes and more deer to see)The owner of the company has given me outstanding back-up and is fast.It has a sleep mode when film is used up(nice feature)it has a countdown battery strength indicator(not a little blinking indicator when battries are about to go but a 10-1 countdown so you know at about 2 to replace batteries)this is a great feature.It has an on-off switch and you can walk up to it and check battery strength and number of pics taken without opening the unit or distrubing area.Its small and in a lexan case so theres less chance of animals destroying it(bears,squirrels,coons)I am 100% happy with mine(3) and would reccomend them to anyone.I have used the buckshot(avoid! its a loser!)camtracker(nice but over priced and very sssslow on sevice and return).There is a full section on JHP that reviews all the factory game cams with write ups and specs.I post a lot of pics taken with the WW so you can see the quality(they are compressed pics so the actual pic quality is much better.Good Cam hunting and welcome to the world of catch and release hunting!

woods

http://www.woodswatcher.com/
Old 02-20-2003, 10:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have had great luck with the Trailtimer Photohunter. Its is very easy to use(I' ve had my 5 year old move it a couple times) The pictures are fabulous (day or night) and I get 3 months on a set of batteries. I think they' re about $240. My buddy has a Non Typical Cam and most pictures were pretty good but not as user freindly as the Photohunter.

My Photohunter is the best toy I' ve bought in the last 10 years! Its a blast! I move it once a week (occasionally two weeks). Last year I first set it out July 20 and stopped Nov 5. I had 145 great photos!

I put my camera out today. I want to find out if all bucks have shed their horns. Its close to time to go shedding!

Quick Reply: Game Cams

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.