Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 For those who are punching the trigger... >

For those who are punching the trigger...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

For those who are punching the trigger...

Old 07-24-2006, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default For those who are punching the trigger...

For the last couple of years I've had a terriblehabit of trigger punching.I've tried pretty much everything to stop this habit but to no evail. Well Friday I went to the local pro shop and the owner let me try his TRU Ball Chappy Boss thumb trigger release and let me tell I was amazed at the difference. I was back to busting nocks in no time. So I went back Saturday and bought one. As of today I've probably shot it 100 times and haven't punched once. Now I'm not saying that what cured me will cure you but I was shooting a Scott Little Goose and now I'm shooting groups that I haven't shot for years. Try it you'll like it.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: For those who are punching the trigger...

looking into it. I know i punch now and then... It comes from my years of shooting trap and sporting clays. If i focus hard I dont punch... But if i can get a tool that does it for me Im all for it.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:27 AM
Fork Horn

I just traded for a Stan Eagle 4 finger with the middle finger trigger to see if it will cure me!
Old 07-24-2006, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have been a puncher at times too and I tried the Chubby Boss as well and it waws interesting to say the least. My first arrow hit the floor about 6 feet in front of me on the draw, the second one went into the wall above the targets, then my third arrow actually hit the target. I decided to stick with my Sabertooth for now. That release will no doubt end the punch though because you really can't punch it. Good luck with it!
Old 07-24-2006, 11:15 AM

im some what new to all this but i dont want to seem like and idiot but what the hell is triger punch?...lol i guess if i dont do it then i wouldnt know but just wondering.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are there any downsides to a thumb release?

Tom
Old 07-24-2006, 11:26 AM
Typical Buck

Another good release for punching is The Answer Release from GKF if anyone doesn't like the thumb release.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think the chappy boss is working well because it has no travel on it. It is activated by pressure. I used to use a King George back when I shot the compound. It's almost the same thing, but it is thumb and pinky (combo, or alone) activated. My favorite release.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Trigger Punch: When instead of squeezing the trigger on the release smoothly and making a good shot you jerk your trigger finger to hard and pull the shot off of the intended.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

You'll be back. A new release always fixes the problem for a couple hundred shots. The only way to beat target panic permanently is to rebuilt your shot sequence and allow yourself and practice it the right way until you cansubconsiously activate the trigger. It takes months to do this at the soonest, most it takes much longer and most give up before they complete this learning cycle and go back to punching because blank bale is boring. The only thing Ican compare this to, is for people that drive a manual transmission car. After lots of time doing it, you don't consciously shift the gears..........you just do it properly without thinking it. You are able to learn how to do this by LOTS of repetition of the same thing. The only difference is that if you do it wrong in a car, you grind the gears or stall the car.......punching the trigger you can often hit the right spot until you get so bad that it becomes noticable. It is VERY easy to practice the wrong thing in archery...........most do.

Quick Reply: For those who are punching the trigger...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.