Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Is there anybody that can tell me some good hunting places with big bucks? >

Is there anybody that can tell me some good hunting places with big bucks?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is there anybody that can tell me some good hunting places with big bucks?

Old 07-21-2006, 03:12 PM

Default RE: Is there anybody that can tell me some good hunting places with big bucks?

Greg, you just crack me up!! I just spit Kool Aid all over my monitor, thanks alot!! [&:]

There's only one small problem w/ that plan.........The big one will already be dead! Can I count on you to help drag it out??
Old 07-21-2006, 06:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Is there anybody that can tell me some good hunting places with big bucks?

Come on up here in Michigan, I'll show ya where some big bucks hang out.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Illinois, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, and if you prefer Texas.. Well, I guess they say everything is bigger in TX...

I'm lucky to be from IL, near St. Louis.. I hunt IL and MO both every year.
Old 07-22-2006, 07:24 AM

I belive if you get yourself a copy of the pope and young record books you can see what counties in what states are the hot spots and go from there.
Old 07-22-2006, 08:58 AM

depends on how much you ant to spend on a non-resident tag. but i would say anywhere in the midwest from ne mo ia ks ok tx or a little further west like montana also depends on how much competition you want to deal with states with a name for big deer will draw more people than those that don't. but if there are big deer in iowa then there has to be big deer in nebraska and missouri cuz it is the same kind of habitat through most of these states and same deer.
Old 07-22-2006, 09:16 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

huntinkid,

For best quality bucks at a "reasonable" price you need to look at what states have the best public land hunting closest to Louisiana. If I were youI'd consider the following: western Kentucky, SE Ohio, southern Illinois, southeast Iowa & eastern Kansas. Maybe northeast Missouri.

Also if I were you, I wouldn't wait on anybody to "take" me. It's not rocket science. If you know how to camp, you are halfway home. Get a tag in any of these areas, then begin your research. Target one region and work the internet. Go to the DNR website and order any literature you can get on their public lands. Post for advice. Look at aerial images & topos. Locate campgrounds. Make a summer scouting/camping trip if possible. You will have a very enjoyable time hunting mature bucks in any of these states. Been there done that.
Old 07-22-2006, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

you should go to florida from what i hear they have monsters due to their qdm practice[&:]Just ask for TDWW's address and you will find the big uns[:-]
Old 07-22-2006, 01:40 PM

Do any of you have advice on some good places to find gold?
Old 07-22-2006, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do any of you have advice on some good places to find gold?

A pawn shop