Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Good places to shoot in Michigan?? >

Good places to shoot in Michigan??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Good places to shoot in Michigan??

Old 02-21-2008, 05:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default Good places to shoot in Michigan??

I live in Lansing Michigan and was wondering if anyonw knew of good archery shops and or ranges to shoot at the would be near me?? Thanks in advance!
Old 02-21-2008, 05:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Good places to shoot in Michigan??

Well, Schupbach's Sporting Goods down the road here in Jackson is quite well known across southern Michigan for its archery shop. Nothing fancy about their operation at all, but they carry all the big name bows,are quite knowledgeable, and can service just about any problem you might have on the spot. Of course, some techs are better than others, but that is true anywhere. They have tournaments upstairs on their indoor range, again, nothing fancy but a place to meet up with good folks and toss a few arrows. I'm sure there are better places to shoot, but they are not far from you at all...30 miles or so.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Jackson Bowner

Well, Schupbach's Sporting Goods down the road here in Jackson is quite well known across southern Michigan for its archery shop. Nothing fancy about their operation at all, but they carry all the big name bows,are quite knowledgeable, and can service just about any problem you might have on the spot. Of course, some techs are better than others, but that is true anywhere. They have tournaments upstairs on their indoor range, again, nothing fancy but a place to meet up with good folks and toss a few arrows. I'm sure there are better places to shoot, but they are not far from you at all...30 miles or so.
Brian is great, I left my debit/credit card at home a few years back. He let me walk out store with the bow and I call him when I got home. Nice guy
Old 02-21-2008, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

He nailed it with Schupbach's....great place......I live in Howell...right by you...There is a shop called Van's Archery on US 23 by Pinckney that will offer some indoor shooting...I do not know alot about them though....Spread the word...tell the Michiganders to let them grow....shoot does...take care! My name is Brian.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:57 PM
Fork Horn

I think I heard of that place in Jackson...I think I may go there to shoot some Bowtechs with my lady next week or so. She wants a bow and now shes got me thinking about a new bow to. Just dont know if I can hang up the Hoyt ZR 200.

I SHOTGUN HUNT IN HOWELL!!! I am not sure the name of the road. Its our friends property. All is I know its just down the street from a littler inter section with a small gas station, little mom and pop store and a bar. I hunt on a horse farm.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wish I could help you, but I am up north and have to drive an hour and a half to shoot indoors. It sucks up here, Grayling used to be the bowhunting capitol of the world, and now they dont even have an indoor range. But the Fly Fishing is good! Good luck, should be several shops in your area.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:28 PM
Fork Horn

If the demand is in the area why dont you open a shop/range?
Old 02-21-2008, 11:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Moving to Kansas in July!
Old 02-22-2008, 04:28 AM
Typical Buck

Also, check out Four Seasons in Ann Arbor. Troy will welcome ya in and they are great guys there! Say howdy to Chris, he's a great shooter with a wonderful family.....
Old 02-22-2008, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Myers Buck....Been here 30 years in Howell...You're on D-19 at the intersection of Shafer Road...Shell Gas Station and B-Line Bar...Killed a ton of deer there...we need to talk !!![:-]

Quick Reply: Good places to shoot in Michigan??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.