HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Is there anybody that can tell me some good hunting places with big bucks?
Old 07-22-2006, 09:16 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Is there anybody that can tell me some good hunting places with big bucks?

huntinkid,

For best quality bucks at a "reasonable" price you need to look at what states have the best public land hunting closest to Louisiana. If I were youI'd consider the following: western Kentucky, SE Ohio, southern Illinois, southeast Iowa & eastern Kansas. Maybe northeast Missouri.

Also if I were you, I wouldn't wait on anybody to "take" me. It's not rocket science. If you know how to camp, you are halfway home. Get a tag in any of these areas, then begin your research. Target one region and work the internet. Go to the DNR website and order any literature you can get on their public lands. Post for advice. Look at aerial images & topos. Locate campgrounds. Make a summer scouting/camping trip if possible. You will have a very enjoyable time hunting mature bucks in any of these states. Been there done that.