Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 good, reputable places to get rifles transferred from? >

good, reputable places to get rifles transferred from?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

good, reputable places to get rifles transferred from?

Old 03-31-2007, 11:46 AM

Default good, reputable places to get rifles transferred from?

I'm planning on going ahead and gettingan autoloaderin the .223 range soon just in case this bill passes because I know that if I don't I'll regret it.

The problem is, outside of gun shows (which only occur every other month here and I'm always wary of buying used guns from someone I will likely never see again) the shops I've checked around here pretty much only carry your standard shotguns and bolt action rifles. One carries a pair of M-4s but I thought I might vomit at the price tag.

I already know of impactguns.com. Are there others? Any of you guys done it? What did you use? What would you recommend?
Old 03-31-2007, 04:05 PM

Default RE: good, reputable places to get rifles transferred from?

First of all, I recommend checking out www.ar15.com they tend to be very knowledgable on the subject. Secondly, if you want to buy an AR15, but you're not sure which one, there is another alternative. The only part of the AR15 that counts as the firearms is the stripped lower receiver. The rest of the parts can be shipped straight to your house. You can do anFFL transfer on the lower, and then assemble the AR whenever you feel like it. Even if the Brady law is repassed it doesn't matter, since the law grandfathers in AR15s and you technically own the gun when you own the lower. If you want a cheap lower, check out www.eaglefirearms.net/or http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=7&f=21. It is generally cheaper to build the AR yourself, and is very easy to put together (once again, ar15.com has very good step by step walkthroughs on building your own gun). For example, to assemble an upper receiver to a lower receiver takes about 5 seconds (all to have to do is snap two pins in place) I built my own AR out of 100% Bushmaster parts and saved about $200 from the retail price of the same gun on Bushmaster's website. Like you said earlier, I wouldn't trust people at a gunshow. They can use a reputable name on the lower and assemble the rest from the cheapest parts out there. Only buy from well known dealers. If you have more questions, just IM me.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:02 PM

I just bought a Rock River ArmsAR-15 A2 today on Gunbroker.com. Will let you know how it turns out.

works pretty much like ebay, individuals receive feedback from each transaction they complete. Most sellers will offer a 3 day inspection period with a complete refund minus shipping charges. and gunbroker states they will cover $400 of any outright fraud.

I watched two pretty good deals sell last week, 1 was a Rock River Arms with all kinds of extras that sold for $800and a Colt Sporter w/ extras that sold for $999. I decided to "pull the trigger" after kicking myself for passing on those 2.

you can find just about anything, new or used.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:58 PM

why is everything always out of stock on these sites? that's why i was growing weary of impact guns
Old 04-01-2007, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

So your local shops don't carry any AR style stuff, ok...why not simply have them order you what you want? If you order from another dealer, you're paying his mark-up plus shipping plus transfer fees. Having your local dealer order direct from his distributor cuts out that middle man (the other dealer) and should cut down at least $50-$75 from your costs. Besides that, it'll make your delaer wonder why you didn't simply order through him. Keep loyal to your local dealer and they'll take care of you.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:39 PM

dealer received my AR15 in the mail today, finally, priority mail sucks. It is the coolest thing I have ever owned. I can not wait to take it out tommorrow. I could not be happier with the deal I got on gunbroker.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: metaldonnieg

I'm planning on going ahead and gettingan autoloaderin the .223 range soon just in case this bill passes because I know that if I don't I'll regret it.

The problem is, outside of gun shows (which only occur every other month here and I'm always wary of buying used guns from someone I will likely never see again) the shops I've checked around here pretty much only carry your standard shotguns and bolt action rifles. One carries a pair of M-4s but I thought I might vomit at the price tag.

I already know of impactguns.com. Are there others? Any of you guys done it? What did you use? What would you recommend?
The auction sites like Auction Arms, Gunbroker, etc., etc., all have lists of licensed dealers all over the U.S. that will handlefirearms transfers, usually for a nominal fee. My guy charges $10.00 per transaction. Find one near you and call them or go see them in person.

Just type "AR 15" in the search phrase block,push "enter", and it'll show whatever is for sale today.
http://www.auctionarms.com/search

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction

It really doesn't matter who you buy FROM, anyone out of state has to ship to you through a licensed dealer who does the records check and the paperwork. Most sellers do give an inspection period after you get the gun.