Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The Nuge's Latest >

The Nuge's Latest

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The Nuge's Latest

Old 07-19-2006, 09:39 AM

Default The Nuge's Latest

Just seeking opinions onthe latest episode of the Spirit of the Wild TV show.

On this episode the Nuge shoots two doe fawns on a spot and stalk with his bow. The first he gut shoots low and it runs off with its innards literally hanging out. The second he shoots while it is directly facinghim "going for the jugular". Both deer were eventually recovered.

I accept the fact that bad shots happen and his shot on the first fawn was definitely a BAD shot. Just wondering how if you can't hit the vitals on a broadside deer you can expect to hit a jugular vein?

Afterward Ted spent quite a long time explaining how it's ok to shoot fawns and that the deer were too small to survive anyway. I tend to disagree with him but I'd like to hear other opinions.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:47 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: The Nuge's Latest

I dont agree with the risky shot he took but the shooting of yearlings is up to the individual. WhenI first started I shot whatever gave me a good opportunity, now I hold out for atleast a mature doe. But if they really were in danger of starving through the winter, maybe he did them a favor.

Zach
Old 07-19-2006, 09:49 AM
Typical Buck

Like it's been said before, that's whyhis show is calledSpirit of the BAIT PILE, and HIGH FENCE SAFARI'S. I agree with C4 toys while his methods are different, we need him to promote bowhunting and other issues.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

well you cant complain because theya re his deer on his ranch he can do whatever he wants
Old 07-19-2006, 09:56 AM
Dominant Buck

I don't agree with everything Ted does......

But if he's taking deer by legal methods.....on land he has permission to hunt (or owns).....I'm not saying a word.

Jeff
Old 07-19-2006, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw Ted on MTV Cribs (don't ask me why I was watching MTV??)
He has a small shooting range in his basement with a paperdeer cutout as a target.
He picks up a bow, draws back... I'm thinking "This is gonna be great".... releases....
The arrows sails through his basement hallway (and thru a doorway if I remember correctly) and COMPLETELY misses the deer, hitting the target a full foot low and left.
Then he played it off like he was aiming for that exact spot - LOL.

I love Uncle Ted - but he is self admittedly crazy![&:]
Old 07-19-2006, 10:50 AM

I have not seen this episode yet and I'll watch him tomorrow night for sure to see if this is the one you're asking about.
This should make for some real interesting TV seeing how how he works his way out this one. I'll give credit he admits he's always working on his shot placement and avoiding target panic.
Uncle Ted rocks our bowhunting world.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:28 PM

I guess if he'd rather shoot fawns than mature does that's his perogative. They're probably more tasty anyway. I don't buy his argument that they were too small to make it through winter, I'd rather he just said he was shooting them because he liked fawn meat or that he shoots whatever deer he sees.

I think his shooting and shot selection were awful.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:53 PM

I can't say on here what I think of the man.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:58 PM

ORIGINAL: chiefks

I can't say on here what I think of the man.
Ill second that opinion.

Quick Reply: The Nuge's Latest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.