Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bow making noise? >

Bow making noise?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow making noise?

Old 01-11-2004, 12:35 AM

Default Bow making noise?

I have a Reflex Gamegetter with the cam 1/2 and today I pulled it back and the first time it made a clicking noise, sounded like it came from the top cam. But after the first time, it never did it again, so I was like ok, must not of been to bad, and I shot it after that and it shot fine. About 7 or 8 hours after I got done shooting, I pulled it back again to see if it did it again. It made a small clicking noise again the first time in the same spot, but not after the first time again. So I was wondering what that is? Is it normal? Kind of scares me. Why did it only do it the first time I pulled it back and not after. I don't want this to happen to me while i'm in my stand. I was also in the house, so the temp was about 70, not cold, so that couldn't be the reason. What could this be? PLEASE HELP!!
Old 01-11-2004, 12:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bow making noise?

my hoyt cam 1/2 makes a similar sound at times. Mine noise comes from where cable attaches to the limbs outside bushing on the top cam axle. I lubed mine and it stopped the little creek noise it was making. Hope this helps.
Old 01-11-2004, 12:59 AM

What do I use to lube it?
Old 01-11-2004, 06:29 AM
Dominant Buck

This can also be the limb in the limb pockets making the noise. If you haven't done it or it's been a while, break the bow down and grease the limb pockets and bolts up really well. Mine will do this when it gets dry. If you don't have the right stuff or know how... take it to a proshop. Get a good end of the year lube and tune up. Check the axles and grease etc. You might as well start the year off with a new string and cables too. It's only going to cost you a few dollars to have it done right. OK, so now you've spent a few more dollars... but you'll have a quiet, tuneable bow that isn't going to break a string or something. I usually change the string and cables at the end of the season and change the string again about 2 or 3 weeks before the season.
Old 01-11-2004, 09:19 AM

Can I still shoot it now and it will be fine? It hasn't done it today.

Old 01-11-2004, 09:20 AM

Can I still shoot it now? It hasn't made the noise today and I turned up the poundage.

Can I still shoot it now? It hasn't made the noise today and I turned up the poundage.

Quick Reply: Bow making noise?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.