Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Labor charges at your pro shop?? >

Labor charges at your pro shop??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Labor charges at your pro shop??

Old 06-28-2006, 08:24 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Labor charges at your pro shop??

I go to an awesome bowshop. So far my labour has been free. You buy the parts there and they are installed free...and this guy is 5 star pro.
C7
Old 06-29-2006, 05:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jklinger

The shop near me charges $60.00 per hour for labor with a $20.00 minimum. Just wondering if this is a fair price?
It's certainlyfair to everyone who agrees to pay it.
Old 06-29-2006, 06:34 AM

Davidmil and tsoc has hit the nail on the head on this one. Its thier chosen profession just like a welder is some one else's chosen profession. They are there to make money at what they love to do.
Old 06-29-2006, 06:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Depends on what he can do in an hour. Have you considered his overhead and experience.. shoot I would go broke on 60 dollars an hour. My overhead is over a million dollars a year, but then again, I don't own a bow shop.. As a contractor, I would love to pay 60.00 for an electrician or plumber...
Old 06-29-2006, 07:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

If the bow is bought from me I will set it up for free. If not, I charge accordingly. If they purchase the onlythe accessories from me I charge half the labor rate.

Go purchase a starter for your car and ask them to put it on for free or even at half the labor rate. They will laugh in your face.

It really amazes me how many people expect to get free labor in a pro shop and/ or gun shop.

Just like in any other profession pro shop/ gun shopowners and techs offer a skilled service that took them years and a lot of money to learn to to properly and safely. Pay them accordingly or pay to learn to do it yourself.