Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Are there any women bowhunters out there? >

Are there any women bowhunters out there?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Are there any women bowhunters out there?

Old 06-27-2006, 05:50 AM
Banned

Default RE: Are there any women bowhunters out there?

Way to go Lady Forge!!!
HCH[/align]
Old 06-27-2006, 05:56 AM

Thanks. Gotta love those Tyrkons'. When you went on your hog hunts did you use your bow? We are thinking about going next January for a weekend. We have been looking into Texas. My husband has gotten 3 bear with his bow. We plan on going to Newfoundland next fall 07 to do a moose, caribou, bear hunt. I can't wait. This fall we are going to stick with whitetail. I LOVE 3D shoots, they are so much fun. Our boys shoot so we take them with us, which is a blast. I only know of Ralph and Vicki what I see on TV, they seem like they would be a fun couple. It is nice to see a couple who hunt together and genuinely seem to love each other.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:20 AM
Spike

Great Post Hoytgirl. Your 8-pointer makes both the bucks I have hanging on the wall look small! I guess that is the difference between Iowa bucks and Virginia bucks.
So are there any SINGLE woman bowhunters out there??
Old 06-27-2006, 08:51 AM

It is nice to see other women who bowhunt (or at least know they are out there). I am from a small town and -- other than a friend who is getting his 12 year old daughter into bowhunting -- I don't know another female bowhunter. I know exactly two other women in our circle of friends that hunt but they hunt with guns only. And, judging from the responses I got last year at the local gathering spot (small town, small stores, one place open before 7 a.m. if you want breakfast), other hunters out there have not seen many (if any) women bowhunters and there were several remarks when they realized I was hunting alone (as if I am not capable of dealing with my own deer!).

I shoot a Reflex Excursion (made by Hoyt) and I love it! Did not get anything with it last year other than a couple of hogs so am really excited about this year!

Congratulatons on your awesome 8 pt HoytGirl!

Shannon
Old 06-28-2006, 07:29 AM

Maybe we could ask Rob to put all the girls on one team for the deer hunting contest for 2006....that could be fun....IF there is enough of us. What do you girls think
Old 06-28-2006, 09:03 AM

ORIGINAL: MOM W/SWD

Maybe we could ask Rob to put all the girls on one team for the deer hunting contest for 2006....that could be fun....IF there is enough of us. What do you girls think
i think there will be a lot of bruised egos.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:28 AM

ORIGINAL: gibblet

ORIGINAL: MOM W/SWD

i think there will be a lot of bruised egos.
So you think we should take it easy on the guys or what? hehe!
Old 06-28-2006, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mom;
I'm in... sounds like fun
But in reality I think that last year our teams were picked at random... not for sure on that ... but I think so
Old 06-28-2006, 04:35 PM

You call that a small 8 point? holy moly I would be soooooo pumped to get a deer like that. Maybe this season
Old 06-28-2006, 05:02 PM

YOU GO GIRLS!!

Hey Mom!! Can I join up for the girls team?? I'll do my best here at home and on the road with you know who... (Ralph!)

I talked to Hoppy today, he is going to go on an Alberta Moose hunt this fall and one of our guys are going to go up and film it! He is pumped!! We didn't make it down there this summer either, we just returned from bear camp and now we are trying to get caught up in the studio. (You know, cracking the whip on Freddy & Josh!They need to get back to work!)

Hoyt Girl - CONGRATS!! That is an awesome buck!! Congrats!

Lady Forge - Good shooting!!! I know Christine and the some of the other guys at HuntingNet, they a bunch of good people! (Don't let them I said that, they might get all gushy on us! )

It is great that there are more and more women hunters out there in woods! It will help us keep the guys in check!

HoytGirl, thanks for starting this thread!!

Quick Reply: Are there any women bowhunters out there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.