Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Are there any women bowhunters out there? >

Are there any women bowhunters out there?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Are there any women bowhunters out there?

Old 06-25-2006, 09:44 PM

Default RE: Are there any women bowhunters out there?

HONESTLY I WISH THERE WERE MORE WOMEN BOWHUNTERS. THE SPORT NEEDS YALL. PLUS I DONT SEE WHY MORE WOMEN GET INTO IT SINCE YOU GUYS HAVE MORE PATIENCE THEN US LOL. GLAD TO SEE YOUR DEDICATION KEEP PLUCKIN THE STRING AND GOOD LUCK THIS YEAR
Old 06-25-2006, 09:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

thats not a small 8 pt thats a pretty good sized 8pt i guess its just where u live but that would be an awesome deer here
Old 06-26-2006, 06:50 AM
Spike

MY wife just started to shoot a bow in march of 05 and on Nov. 2 2005 7 1/2 months pregnant she shot her first deer a nice little spike. Needless to say she is noe hooked and cant wait for the season to start. She shoots a Mathews Mustang and shi is a darn good shot for just shooting a little over a year now. She can out shoot some people I know that have been shooting a lot longer.

Old 06-26-2006, 07:03 AM
Banned

I know what you mean Switchback Pete. My wife can shoot a bow and a rifle as good as me and it took me all my life to get good at it and she has only been doing it a year.
HCH[/align]
Old 06-26-2006, 08:21 AM

I hate to see what you think is a big buck if you think that your first one was a "small" 8 point. that's a nice deer IMO, congratulations. I have tried to talk my girl into hunting but she's not too keen on it yet, She does want to get a bow just to shoot with me when I'm practicing, I think that's the first step in the conversion process
Old 06-26-2006, 08:39 AM

ORIGINAL: Switchback Pete

MY wife just started to shoot a bow in march of 05 and on Nov. 2 2005 7 1/2 months pregnant she shot her first deer a nice little spike. Needless to say she is noe hooked and cant wait for the season to start. She shoots a Mathews Mustang and shi is a darn good shot for just shooting a little over a year now. She can out shoot some people I know that have been shooting a lot longer.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-26-2006, 08:41 AM

In Iowa my 8 point is small. We seem to grow huge bucks here.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:43 AM

ORIGINAL: turtleshell

I hate to see what you think is a big buck if you think that your first one was a "small" 8 point. that's a nice deer IMO, congratulations. I have tried to talk my girl into hunting but she's not too keen on it yet, She does want to get a bow just to shoot with me when I'm practicing, I think that's the first step in the conversion process
I started out just shooting for target too. It is a first step. HCH took me on a couple turkey hunts with him last spring and I saw how much fun it was, that is what got me started. Good luck.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im in the process of getting my girlfriend into bow hunting, shes been target shooting some last year and i took her out a few times. Ive got an older mathew's im gonna lower the draw weight on and shorting the draw length an hopefully she'll get her first deer this bow season.. she seems pretty excited bout the whole thing! I've also gotten her into fishing and she loves it... only thing is she always catches bigger fish than me, and then gives me that "can you take it off" look... haha its fun.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:50 PM
Banned

Why is it that women always catch the biggest fish, shoot the biggest animal, shoot a tighter rifle or bow group? Even Vicki always outdoes Ralph on Archer's choice.....it just isn't right
HCH[/align]

Quick Reply: Are there any women bowhunters out there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.