Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Are there any women bowhunters out there? >

Are there any women bowhunters out there?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Are there any women bowhunters out there?

Old 06-28-2006, 05:07 PM

Default RE: Are there any women bowhunters out there?

My girlfriend just picked up a bow last fall (shortly before she picked me up!) She's killed brown, grizzly and black bears, mtn. goat, caribou and blacktailed deer on her own. We're hoping this will be the year for the bow, a Parker Micro Phoenix @ 26" and 50#. She's bet me that she's going to take a P&Y 4 point (10 point to you easterners) with her bow this season. I have a feeling I'll be forking out on that bet...
Old 06-28-2006, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh No they are banding together!! We are so afraidPlease kind ladies don't go to hard on us!!!!
If I didn't live where a 120 inch buck was the buck of a life time I would really be talking some trash right now but given that I do I think I will just shut up and wish all you ladies well!
Old 06-28-2006, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is a great thread,I wish my wife would meet some of you ladies.
She rifle hunts and just this year decided to try the bow(seen how much fun it was at achery shoots)but she dosen't wanna hunt with it.
I think she would realy enjoy it,the more time I can spend with her the better I say(4 kids not much mom and dad time).
She shoots a Bowtech Tom Kat @ 50 lbs 28.5 draw and tell you what,she is deadly with it.
Best of luck in the up coming season you gals,Hard core enjoy it great gal there.Vicki if I were you I'd make Ralf run more behind thet golf cart,from one pizan to another
Old 06-28-2006, 05:33 PM
Dominant Buck

Let's all us girls meet up and have a camp out hunt.[8D][8D]

Old 06-28-2006, 05:34 PM

Mom W/SWD
Sounds great to me! It would be a blast to have a women's team. Let's give these boys a run for their money.

This has been such a fun thread talking with you'all. It is awesome to find other women out there who love to hunt.

ACVicki
Thanks for your post. What an honor. You are my favorite woman hunter out there to watch. You are actually one of the major reasons I got into hunting. I started watching your show with my hubby, and thought, hey, this looks like a blast. Had him take me out a few times, and got hooked. I was pretty excited with my buck, and doe last season. I can't wait till white tail season this year..
Old 06-28-2006, 05:46 PM

Sorry Vicki, with all the Primo places you get to hunt, I don't think it would be fair to let you on the girls team. You gotta admit (No offense) , you have a little bit of an unfair advantage with the places you get to hunt. Maybe if you promised to only enter your locally killed buck, taken on your own with no help from an outfitter or guide. Here comes the hate mail, SORRY
Old 06-28-2006, 07:22 PM

davidmil........you can be on our team anytime.........if only for the laughs!!!! you rock girl!!!
Old 06-28-2006, 08:44 PM
Typical Buck

Dave ,youre crazyI see you found the wig!Now isn't time to take your pill?
Old 06-29-2006, 04:56 AM
Dominant Buck

davidmil........you can be on our team anytime.........if only for the laughs!!!! you rock girl!!!
It's tuff I tell ya... it's just cruel and tuff. You get all dressed up and the first girl that sees you starts laughing, and she hasn't even seen me naked yet.[&:][&:] It's blow to the ego. You get all dressed up and they laugh
Old 06-29-2006, 05:09 AM

This will be my third year of hunting, my second with a bow. i have a martin saber set at a 54# draw weight. I would rather bow hunt than hunt with a rifle. I'm happy to see there are so many other women hunters out there. We live near my husbands family and they all think hunting is for men. That's too bad because my daughter, who will be 3 in 4 days, already tells them all she's going hunting with Mommy. She has her own bow already, she just needs help pulling it back. Both kids go back with my husband and I into the woods looking for deer. At our house it isn't a him or her thing it's a family thing.

Quick Reply: Are there any women bowhunters out there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.