Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What kind of camo do you wear? >

What kind of camo do you wear?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Mossy Oak
19.51%
Realtree
18.29%
Scentlok
10.98%
Whatever I find on the shelf, at the lowest price
14.63%
Predator
8.54%
ASAT
10.98%
Full Ghillie Suit
0%
Military Surplus BDU's
4.88%
New Military "Digital Camouflage" BDU's
0%
Other
12.20%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

What kind of camo do you wear?

Old 06-21-2006, 07:31 AM
Fork Horn

Default What kind of camo do you wear?

I've been thinking about camo and clothes and what not, and I'm curious how many folks go for the commercials and go all out for all the bells and whistles with their hunting clothes.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What kind of camo do you wear?

Whatever Wal-mart is selling. I will sometimes spend some $$$$ on cold weather clothing. The patterns are typically Realtree or mossy oak. I can't say that I think it makes any difference what pattern is used.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Honestly, I know this will go against the grain of the regulars around here, but I am more prone to buy clothing that is made of certain materials/designs than I am to buy for a particular pattern. I really like waterproof fleece for my outer layer, it is silent and keeps the wind and water off me when it is nasty out. I honestly don't really have problems getting sighted and picked offin my tree or in a blind, and haven't for probably 5-6 years now. I do get winded occasionally, but not often becauseI am careful of my stand placement. This is why I haven't yet sprung for something of a more open pattern like predator/asat or the new enigma. This is not to say that these camo's don't work better (i think they probably do wor much better) but I really don't seem to have problems with the realtree hd hardwoods grey I have now. I may be getting an enigma suite this fall though, because I hope to have them in the shop for customers and I would like to give the setup a shot to see how they work. I think the real advantage to this type of camo is when I have a spot that doesn't have a tree that can break up my outline once the leaves have dropped it will probably keep me from getting spotted and skylined a bit better. For now I simply don't hunt out of trees that won't break my outline up and keep me concealed............maybe this new camo will allow me more freedom when picking "the perfect tree".
Old 06-21-2006, 08:07 AM

i put other because i'm going to buy some enigma and do some testing this year just as soon as i can get my hands on it.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:19 AM
Fork Horn

I usually hunt in and wearing the hardwoods.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:24 AM
Banned

I have a guillie, realtree, mossy, natural, military desert; I am a camo junkie
HCH[/align]
Old 06-21-2006, 08:41 AM

You left out us western hunters. Out here forbrushy grasslands it just doesn't get much better than Natgear IMO. In the woods though, especially early season, I will wear whatever. I have some different things and will wear either what I need to keep warm, or cool, or to match a particular situation. I am definitely thinking about some ASAT or Enigma though, but may have to wait for it to come down in price.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:48 AM
Typical Buck

A friend gave me 3 sets of camo from the army reserves. I've used that the last 5 years. Last Feb. I bought some camo coveralls from Wal-mart that were at the after season prices. Normally $80 and it was down to $30 so I grabbed 2, 1 for me and 1 for my hunting buddy.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

welli usually buy whatever's cheapest for the simple fact its cheapest...lol its always worked for me. I think what i use for bowseason is realtree hardwards and what i use when it gets colder is the military surplus bdu's
Old 06-21-2006, 10:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: gibblet

i put other because i'm going to buy some enigma and do some testing this year just as soon as i can get my hands on it.
Same, going to use the new Enigma this year so I choose other.

Quick Reply: What kind of camo do you wear?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.