Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What kind of camo do you wear? >

What kind of camo do you wear?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Mossy Oak
19.51%
Realtree
18.29%
Scentlok
10.98%
Whatever I find on the shelf, at the lowest price
14.63%
Predator
8.54%
ASAT
10.98%
Full Ghillie Suit
0%
Military Surplus BDU's
4.88%
New Military "Digital Camouflage" BDU's
0%
Other
12.20%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

What kind of camo do you wear?

Old 06-21-2006, 02:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What kind of camo do you wear?

I like the Advantage Timber early season and this year for Nov- Dec I'll be using Skylines Horizon patern. It looks like it blendsnicely when in a tree stand after leaf drop.It's my newest addition.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:32 PM

I'm wearing some home made camo this season... Well, atleast I will for bowseason.... Once it gets cold, I will wear whatever is in my hunting box......
Old 06-21-2006, 03:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Double Creek

I'm wearing some home made camo this season... Well, atleast I will for bowseason.... Once it gets cold, I will wear whatever is in my hunting box......
Is your homemade camo by change the "Too Bored" camo?
Old 06-21-2006, 03:50 PM

I dont see Double Bull Matrix camo on the list
But, they are suited up in Predator anyway, which is what I wear when not in the blind and in a tree.

If there is still green, then it is Advantage Hardwoods all the way.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:13 PM

I'm gona throw a monkey wrench into things. Do you really even need camo for hunting for something other than critters with good eye sight like turkeys or antelope??? Biggest buck I ever shot at, a 160" brute,with my bow was a gimme shot at 25 yards during a drive at 2 in the afternoon. I was wearing blue jean overalls, brown duct coat, camo hat and that was it. I was doing my best interpetation of a stump. I didin't get the deer cause he jumped the string and ducted my arrow. When hunting big bucks, shoot at the first opportunity, don't wait!!! I think if I wouldn't have waited he would have been on my wall. but who knows.

Since then I've had several occasions with me in camo pants orblue jeansand a bright neon orange shirt or jacket and the deer didn't mind a bit. I'm starting to think that if your hunt'n some critters you don't even need camo. Just wear something that isn't a solid blob. Something that breaks up the outline. I think camo is cool, but its also expensive and fades and gets ripped on fences and brush. Just my opinion. Never did have a critter care what I was wearing when I dropped the hammer on it.

That being said. When I do by camo. I'm more interested in other aspects of the clothes than what pattern it is. What material is it. Is it for hunting in hot or cool weather? Does it wick away or shed moisture? Block the wind? Is it quiet? If its not quiet, I will not buy it.

Old 06-21-2006, 04:45 PM

Whatever is cheapest in what I need. The only thing other thanlow costthat comes into the decision is what season I'm hunting or where.

Although I do specifically like Advantage Hardwoods for our property in fall, it's a perfect match to the grounds.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:20 PM

Honestly...i haven't purchased it yet, but i voted ASAT cause i will not hit the woods this year without it!!!
Old 06-21-2006, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator

Mossy Oak here.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mossy Oak Break-up on my Scentblocker set up. For squirrel I use military BDU's.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:20 PM

Been using realtree and Mossy oak my whole life but thinking about going ASAT, Predator, or Enigma. One of those styles.

Quick Reply: What kind of camo do you wear?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.