Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Questions questions questions...... >

Questions questions questions......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Questions questions questions......

Old 06-07-2006, 09:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Questions questions questions......

Hey Buckeye..

I just dropped by the shop to look at my new Tribute (still haven't got to shoot it, but) I put on the new G5 LE sight and G5 peep. I got to look through and if it's any indication, they are the real deal. The sight is absolutely awesome looking and light, light, light. I believe we'll hear more good things as season gets closer. The peep is cool looking, but I don't really know if it's better than the next, it suppose to be lighter, but I really can't comment on it. It looks good and so it might be a great seller.

With all the guys shooting mechanicals, despite personal preference, I believe it's a must have for a pro shop. I personally like the Rocky Mtn gators and wasp. I'd personally stay clear of Rocket's. I haven't had good luck with their durability. Don't hate me Rocket lovers, I just personally havent.

10AM - 6PM great times, especially if you're going to do the weekend thing. Guys coming off the stand might want to pass through. Ofcourse, you'll have to be out yourself...lol. Take care man.

Kelly
Old 06-08-2006, 02:52 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

* What hours of operation would work best for your schedule?

* What do you guys think of the new G5 sights and peeps?

* I never use a laser to set my center shot. BUT when you have work done at the shop does it make you more confident to see that a laser has been used to set you rest?

* I don't care for mechanical BH's much, especially with the fixed heads made today. Should I suck it up and carry them anyhow?

* Iam thinking about not carrying Trophy Ridge sights. What do you think?

[/align]
Hours of operation do not apply for me, as I work rotating shift working. But It would seem that late afternoon hours would be great..say 5pm to 9pm for people that work a "normal" job, so people can go after work.

G5 sights look to be of high quality, but are fairly expensive for your everyday bowhunter. The G5 peep is a "must carry" item IMO.

I could care less if a laser is used to set my center shot, as long as the bow shots straight and consistent.

On mechanicals...yes you should suck it up on that one. But, I would suggest carrying only the higher quality mechanicals that have been proven...for example the Rocky Mountian Snypers, and the Wasp JackHammers. But most importantly, if you think it is not a broadhead that should be used on a deer...don't carry it.

Trophy Ridge sights have there following, and you may get requests for them. I have one on one bow, and think it is an ok sight that is overpriced. You may consider carrying only the most popular of the Trophy Ridge Line.

Most importantly, carry items people want...and quality stuff. I've walked into shops that have lined their shelves with nothing but the cheap products, and haven't been back to those shops. I understand shops have to start somewhere...but I go to a shop to see quality, different products,and what works best...not the same stuff I can find at Wal-Mart. I go to a shop to see what products work best from an archer's point of view.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

i have a suggestion too carry the top of the line stuff but also carry stuff in a low price range because some people dont want to brank the bank when they walk into the shop
Old 06-08-2006, 10:46 PM

i would say be open til 9, carry Grim Reaper expandables and NAP Scorpion/Spitfires, along with any fixed heads, sites is up to you