Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Which thumb release? >

Which thumb release?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which thumb release?

Old 06-13-2006, 08:04 PM

Default RE: Which thumb release?

Glad to hear it's working good for you. I shoot a Carter Hunter and if I try to shoot a trigger release anymore it feels awful. I love how it anchors compared to a wrist strap release and I can load it with without looking very easily with the open hook.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:19 PM
Fork Horn

Nobody answered about the difference between a caliper and talon head. Anybody? Am going to surf the web to see if can find it plus look at different releases on Friday at McKean. Always shot a Little Goose and today shot a TRU Ball Diamond Extreme and was okay with it but am interested in other opinions too. Thanks.
Okay, found the answer kind of on TRU Balls web site. Am I assuming correctly that the Pro Diamond Extreme can have the head interchanged to a talon head from the caliper head? Thanks again.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:56 PM

I have a Pro Diamond T-handle, True Fire Hunter, Carter BK Hunter and just bought a Stan Super X. They all shoot good but I still seem to like the wrist strap releases for hunting. I find it hard to shoot the T-Handle thumb tigger releases with gloves on. The Super X shoots well but it is more for target shooting and I wish I didnt buy it. You asked about the Talon head compared to the caliper head. I think the caliper head is better for hunting. I find it easier to hook to my loop quickly.