Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

SCI opposes WHA

Old 06-14-2006, 03:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default SCI opposes WHA

I just got off ESPN outdoors site. Seems as if SCI is against WHA. I tried to paste the article here but I'm a computer numbnuts. I don't care much for SCI and its big money hunt mentality but I'm sure glad they are on the right side of this one.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:19 PM

Default RE: SCI opposes WHA

It doesn't really suprise me. They would lose a lot of support from the hunting community if they were to support the WHA.

It's also not suprising that they've waited this long to announce their stand on the issue. The wanted to see how we (hunters) would react before saying they did or did not support it. If we liked the idea they would be all for it, since we hate it so do they.

Those that jumped on the bandwagon early, thinking that we would all love the idea, are now feeling the reprocussions from supporting WHA. SCI simply waited long enough to come out looking like the good guy.

Anyone know where P&Y stands on the issue?
Old 06-14-2006, 05:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

I still applaud SCI. Despite their big money etc...you'd be surprised how much they do for hunting.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:15 PM

Who is SCI?
Old 06-14-2006, 06:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: zak123

Who is SCI?
Safari Club International
Old 06-14-2006, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wish I was back home to read up more on the WHA, but sounds like bad news all around and it looks like SCi and G5 and some of the others realize it now and realize that profit does not matter if it destroys the sport. Nothing but bad can come from the WHA..... IMHO
Old 06-14-2006, 08:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah Rob, SCI does do some good. I don'tr deny that. One thing the trophy hunters do here in TX is donate the meat from their kills to food banks. They just want the head anyway. That is why I have mixed emotions about them.