Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Cabela's unbelievable customer service ! >

Cabela's unbelievable customer service !

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Cabela's unbelievable customer service !

Old 05-12-2006, 11:25 AM

Default Cabela's unbelievable customer service !

7 months ago I bought a nice Canon S2 camera from them. $500 camera. A few weeks ago I took it to Belize, and somehoe it got moisture inside the camera. I don't know if I got it wet, or the changes in the temps and humidity between here and there - but it died none the less.

I sent it back to Cabela's witha note - I was honest, and just asked them if they could do anything for me. Today I got a brand new Canon S2 in the mail. I've been a customer of them for a long time - use their CC a LOT and buy most of my hunting/camping stuff from them. I've returned some things before and knew they were good, but didn't know they were THIS good !

Now ? I'll buy it ALL from them if they have it in their catalogs !

Unbelievable ..........
Old 05-12-2006, 12:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Cabela's unbelievable customer service !

In my experiance theyve been EXCELLENT!

Jay
Old 05-12-2006, 12:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here's my recent customer service experience with them.......

For X-Mas I used a gift card to buy one of their nice XPG Zenon flashlights (one of those $50 jobs)
Anyway I used it quite a bit in my basement while running wire ect in building my workshop.
It seemed to me like the batteries died pretty quick?

3 days ago I have a padded envelope in the mail from Cabelas?
It has a 3 pack of 3V lithium batteries with an apologeticletter stating that they MIGHT have identified a problem with the batteries that went with that run and to take care of any potential problems they were supplying me with 3 brand new Panasonic Lithium batteries free of charge IN THE EVENT that I might have an issue. Wishing me many years of solid performance from their product.
[:-]
Now THAT'S customer service.

Old 05-12-2006, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's why they get my business too. Last fall, I returned a $355 xbow. The person I talked to said they would credit my credit card, but since the card had expired and I didn't really want to re-new it, I asked for them to send me a check. The person on the phone agreed. 3 weeks later, no check yet so I called them again. I was told they HAD to credit the card by law and the gal asked me if I would be by the phone for a "little bit". I said yes, and about 10 minutes later she called back, w/ the credit card co. on a 3-way call and I got my money.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

I used to work for them, they treat there customers way better than their employee's. Order a ton of product from China!!!
Old 05-12-2006, 02:00 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah just like everyone else. Problem is everybody complains about high prices when product is made here because we demand higher wages and so manufacturers raise prices to cover high production costs. So companies do what we ask and lower prices but to do that they need to find a way to produce it cheaper so they look to places like Mexico and China to do so. We've created our own monster. Im in the tooling trade and see all the tools I should be building coming from China to keep tooling costs down. sorry for getting off subject but just wanted to respond to the above post.

Jason
Old 05-12-2006, 02:09 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Here's my recent customer service experience with them.......

For X-Mas I used a gift card to buy one of their nice XPG Zenon flashlights (one of those $50 jobs)
Anyway I used it quite a bit in my basement while running wire ect in building my workshop.
It seemed to me like the batteries died pretty quick?

3 days ago I have a padded envelope in the mail from Cabelas?
It has a 3 pack of 3V lithium batteries with an apologeticletter stating that they MIGHT have identified a problem with the batteries that went with that run and to take care of any potential problems they were supplying me with 3 brand new Panasonic Lithium batteries free of charge IN THE EVENT that I might have an issue. Wishing me many years of solid performance from their product.
[:-]
Now THAT'S customer service.
I use a similar $50 flashlight at work every day. I am an electrician. My flashlight uses 3v lithium photo battiries. 2 of them. While using the light a lot, you will burn up a set of battries in one day (8 hours or less). However, I love this light! Brightest thing ever. I've used it a lot in tracking deer, its great, just make sure your batteries are fresh before the task.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Pass_Thru

Yeah just like everyone else. Problem is everybody complains about high prices when product is made here because we demand higher wages and so manufacturers raise prices to cover high production costs. So companies do what we ask and lower prices but to do that they need to find a way to produce it cheaper so they look to places like Mexico and China to do so. We've created our own monster. Im in the tooling trade and see all the tools I should be building coming from China to keep tooling costs down. sorry for getting off subject but just wanted to respond to the above post.

Jason
Yeah, well I am not eveyone and I try to do something about. As for keeping cost down, well I got two words for you.

Profit Margin

Before Cablea's went public they were a great company. The customer service wasthe vision of Dick Cabela, he is a great guy. Really down to earth, and so is his brother Jim. I have talked with them many times, they will always have the great CS. I know of thousands of your stories. They do not lose any money on returns.
1 Why they have the bargain cave for in the stores(which actually makes a little money).
2 They return they product to the vendor.
So it is at 0 cost to them and it makes us happy!!

Old 05-12-2006, 04:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

I bought some boots from them and when i seemed kind of not sure about them the clerk said that I could bring them back if I didn't like them and get this, for any reason except wearing them out, FOR UP TO A YEAR. She also said it's why they're costs are higher.I bought the boots. My brother believes the bargin cave is where these things go. Some of them do look worn, very worn
Old 05-12-2006, 04:17 PM
Banned

They have an excellent return policy. Too good in fact. Just go to their bargain cave and look at all the stuff that tight-butts use the hell out of and return after a hunting trip. I have seen shoes worn to the sole and returned there. I have seen blood on camo coats from a one time wanna be hunter that probably couldn't hack the kill and returned it after the hunt. One could easily for example buy a Double Bull Matrix for turkey season and once season is over return it, no questions asked, then play the same game the next year. Some people have a lot of nerve. Yes they do have a great return policy.

Quick Reply: Cabela's unbelievable customer service !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.