Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Quality of people here on HuntingNet...re: Gutshot needing prayers >

Quality of people here on HuntingNet...re: Gutshot needing prayers

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Quality of people here on HuntingNet...re: Gutshot needing prayers

Old 04-19-2006, 07:18 PM

Default Quality of people here on HuntingNet...re: Gutshot needing prayers

Good evening everyone. I just read through all the posts for Gutshot and his wife. All I can say is WOW! I've only been a member on here for a couple of months so far but from what I've seen, this is quite a community. People from all over the country, all over the world for that matter, all walks of life, who probably don't know each other, supportingone of our hunting'brothers' when he and his family need everyone's prayers and support.

If anyone ever wants to question what kind of people hunters are, all they need to do is read through that thread. On one hand I can't say I would expect anything less than that from true, dyed in the wool Americans, but on the other hand the way the world is today, you just can never tell.

Not that I'm anybody, but my hat is off to everyone on here and their obvious compassion and support of (most likely) a complete stranger in a time of need. That is one of the ideals that this great county of ours was founded on and how it should still be today. I'm proud to have found this website and become a member. Not only because of all the information people have been so willing to share with me, but to be associated, in some small way, with this caliber of people.

Gutshot, know you have hundreds, if not thousands, of prayers being said for you and your family around the country, if not all over the world by this point in time. The good Lord has taken one burden off your chest with the one lump being nothing to worry about. We will continue to pray that the same results will come back for the other lump.

Take care my friend.

Semper Fi and may God bless you all.

Eric
Old 04-19-2006, 08:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Quality of people here on HuntingNet...re: Gutshot needing prayers

I agree a great bunch around here. We all should do our part to make this world a better place by keeping and showing a good friendlyhelpfull attitude. When you face a bad attitude with a good one ,the bad one usually fades away
Old 04-19-2006, 09:00 PM

I was just thinking the same thing before i noticed this thread. You really don't find people like there are on here just anywhere. I think that people that hunt are generally good, god loving people with values, and i don't think valuesare all that commonanymore..
Old 04-19-2006, 10:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

although we have differences, we can really unite in times of need. When people are hurting we're here to help, make them feel better. We'll all different, but we're all the same.....know what i mean.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good people
Old 04-20-2006, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

A great man once said "Common sence is not that common anymore" (And he was a hunter too)
Old 04-20-2006, 11:58 AM
Typical Buck

Anyone that is a true sportsman, is as good as family to me.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:26 PM
Dominant Buck

Old 04-20-2006, 05:02 PM
Dominant Buck

You don't know the half of it Eric. My wife passed away almost 3 weeks ago. I'm still getting cards forwarded to me through Huntingal. I get PMs all the time asking how I'm doing, emails asking how I'm doing, you name it... this crew has done it. Cash donations to fight cancer and on and on and on. It's a great group. They pretty much tell you how it is, how they feel and what you should do or where you should go if that's the case.[8D] They're just great friends. Everyone should be so lucky to have friends like these.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:36 PM

David - Sorry to hear about your wife passing on. Know that you have my, and my family's deepest sympathy. I guess everyone looks to belong to a 'group' of some type, in order to have people to fall back on in times of need. Once you get out of school and on your own, all of you old friends go their different ways. Fortunately, for me there has been the Marine Corpsand nowthe New York State Police. In each group we take care of each other and support each other through whatever it may be. In a sense, I do have 'family' all over the place, even though my closest blood relative lives close to 800 miles away. Those organizations are tangible, physical entities, not like this 'on-line' world that has developed over the past 15 or so years. So, to me at least, it is expected to see that support with family, whatever career you are in and certainally any social/religious groups you belong to. However, seeing how thisgroup here on HuntingNet supports each other, in this new'on-line' world,is really amazing. Take care all.

Eric