Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 who bowhunts alone? >

who bowhunts alone?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

who bowhunts alone?

Old 04-14-2006, 05:18 PM

Default RE: who bowhunts alone?

well my brother in law and i go together alot, but hunt stands that are atleast 400 yards apart. as for getting the animal out thats what they make 4 wheelers and horses for.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Kamil
i hunt by myself...never shot a deer ...don't like hunting alone, but you gotta do what u gotta do
Wow, that sounds just like me! I go bowhunting alone (partly because none of my close friends go bowhunting) and have yet to score. [&o]

But yet when general firearms comes in, I go out to a deer camp out in the Blue Ridge Mts and rifle hunt with the guys out there.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:54 PM

I never hunt with someone in my treestand...8^)
Old 04-15-2006, 09:59 PM
Super Moderator

I usually hunt alone these days. If I get a young doe I usually drag it out but on a big bodied buck I return home and find someone to help. Its getting tougher dragging one out even with a buddy as I get older.
Old 04-16-2006, 05:35 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: saltflyz

just curious how many go alone...and what do you do when you bag a good one!
I hunt alone 90% of the time and if I shoot daddy rabbit, then I just call a buddy and get some help haulin' him out.
Old 04-16-2006, 06:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

I bowhunt 90% of the time alone ,but I've enjoyed sharing my time in the wood's with other's on the rare occassion.

nubo
Old 04-16-2006, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I usually hunt alone as well,I really enjoy my time in the woods to really get away from it all.
Sometimes on the weekends I will hunt with some close friends ,but will be spaced apart quite a distance from each other.
As for getting deer out of the woods----Thats what friends are for,just a call away and someone to share your memories with and to help take pictures of your prize.
I rifle hunt with a gang.This is one week full of fun with the guys.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:30 AM

Usually alone but it is always nice to have someone to go with. I live in NY now and most of my bowhunting buddies are back in the Midwest.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:15 AM

I would say I bowhunt alone 98% of the time. I have a buddy that i hunt with a few times during the season..
Old 04-17-2006, 07:05 AM

I tried bow hunting with my husband one time......not good. He's too noisy for me, and wiggles around a lot. So i've been bow hunting by myself for about 5 years and love every second of it. He's just a few miles away and he always comes to help me get my deer out......as I do for him.

Quick Reply: who bowhunts alone?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.