Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 who bowhunts alone? >

who bowhunts alone?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

who bowhunts alone?

Old 04-13-2006, 12:48 PM

Default RE: who bowhunts alone?

If I'm bowhunting, I'm always on my own. When I get one, I just drag it out. Now, if I'm gun hunting (rarely these days), I'm usually at my uncle's, and the tractor and the trailer are a big help!

rankbull: Good for you, bud!!

Old 04-13-2006, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt alone but i always make sure i tell the wife and kidswhat stand i'm going to hunt so they'll know where to find me in case of an emergency or should for some unforseen reason i don't come home.I also carrymy cell phone for that same reason.When i harvest a deer i drag it to a spot that i can get too with the 4-wheeler andthats how i get it out. If it's going to be a long drag then i call for some assistance. >--------> Mike
Old 04-13-2006, 01:46 PM
Site Buck Guru

I hunt alone. When I get one, I field dress it, then get some help to get it out.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:09 PM
Fork Horn

I bow hunt alone but I don't go that far. Maybe 4-500 yards from the roads. I'm not a big guy but if I get a deer, I'll drag it myself even if it takes the whole day.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:13 PM

I hunt alone but when I varmint hunt, some people tend to join me.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

i think since this coming season i will be able to drive, i will start bowhunting by myself otherwise i usually hunt with my dad
Old 04-13-2006, 03:09 PM

I do most of the time but i hook up with another friend who enjoys hunting alot also so we get together when ever we can i bring him to my spot and he brings me to his
Old 04-13-2006, 03:21 PM

Most of the time I John Wayne it. Solo, if you will. I share camp with some other fellas quite often, but I am always in an area to myself. I enjoy my time alone. Lets me clear my head.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:24 PM
Typical Buck

75% alone, alot of my spots are only big enough for one person.25% of
the time with my second oldest son who I got into bowhunting two years ago.He didnt get nothing the first year,this year he got a nice fat doe
and a 15" 7 pointer the boy is hookedOne spot I hunt I can drive up to the spot to where I shoot the deer, so far has never been more then a 50yrd drag.If I have a long drag I call one of my sons, no matter what time it is or what what day it is one or both of them will come and help drag.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:34 PM

Alone, Gut and Drag!

Quick Reply: who bowhunts alone?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.