Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 who bowhunts alone? >

who bowhunts alone?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

who bowhunts alone?

Old 04-13-2006, 10:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default who bowhunts alone?

just curious how many go alone...and what do you do when you bag a good one!
Old 04-13-2006, 10:43 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: who bowhunts alone?

I always go alone. I gut the animal and drag. Helps keep me in shape, especially when you down a 300+ hog. Drag one of those guys for about 200 yard and you get a major workout. Most of the time Ill quarter a big animal in the field and take it out in parts.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:53 AM
G5

ive always bowhunted alone, gut it and drag it to the truck, a rigshaw comes in handy too.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:13 AM

about 99% is by myself. only a handful of times have i had someone with me. i gut it myself, walk home and get the 4wheeler and bring it home
Old 04-13-2006, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bowhuntsolo 95%of the time; scout all of the time alone and shed hunt most of the time alone. An exception would be on a planned bowhunt with friends and I always set aside a week tobowhunt withmy brother.

I've killed bear, elk, bucks and turkeys while bowhunting alone and by far theelk are the most work followed second by heavier bears. Depending on the weather conditions and the location of the kill I either quarter the elk with the hide on or bone them out if need be and pack them out.I always keep my pack frame and needed supplies/toolshandy while archery elk hunting. If its cool enough I will often get help from a friend. It'sfairly common here to help out a friend with a critter, and I've always given them part of the animal for the help.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

I go alone if I have to. No problem. When I hunt from stands, I am 100% completely safe from the time my feet leave the ground. I do carry a few necessities including phone, knife, etc.

I have dragged deer out of the woods by myself, no problem there. I also have (even though I have forgotten it more times then not) a deer sled that makes things easier on myself.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:54 AM

99% of the time i'm alone. And even when i go with someone, we hunt different locations unless we're in the ground blind. If i get one i'll either gut and drag by myself or call someone to come help.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Past few years I've started doing a lot more hunting alone. I'm in good shape and get the deer out myself. On occasion I've called my dad to come help if its a buck. I know he likes to come out and be a part of the excitement since he doesn't hunt anymore. It's more of a share the moment thing than share the work, when he comes out.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been hunting on my own from the start, no one in my family or friends hunts. But that’s all changing it sounds like I have finally convinced my girlfriend to give it a try this fall.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:42 PM
Typical Buck

99% alone, I go my friends and I share a camp, but when it comes to actually hunting I go by myself. When I get a big one I will call my buddies to help track and carry out of the woods with me. and We have a tracking dog so that also helps...lol

Quick Reply: who bowhunts alone?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.