Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ratchet-Loc Bow Press >

Ratchet-Loc Bow Press

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ratchet-Loc Bow Press

Old 04-10-2006, 07:29 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default Ratchet-Loc Bow Press

I was looking for a portable bow press and saw a Ratchet-Loc Bow Press made by Ram Products. Anyone ever use one? Are they any good?
Old 04-10-2006, 10:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Ratchet-Loc Bow Press

Go to the classifieds section and see Walks With A Gimp's Bowmender press he makes... Probably the best portable press on the market today of any of them out there...

I've got one, and so do a lot of the old timers around here.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:34 PM
Dominant Buck

Id be careful. I had one for a few years and over time the straps thread came loose and while I was building a bow, it broke. My hand was in the cam when it when off and the bus cable was attaced, so the cam rotated and took off the end of my middle and ring finger on my left hand. I got them put back on, but I wont go with a strap agian. I replaced it withthe screw kind that has the metal cable. I dont think it will snap on me. It also fits nice in my bow box so I can have it with me at all times. As far as protable, it takes up less room than any other. Check out ebay, I bought mine for 25 bucks. Ive seen all kinds on ebay.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:25 AM
Fork Horn

I was wondering is the ratchet loc bow press alot better than the bow master on split limbs I have the truth bow,I wanted to purchase the bowmender but walks with a gimp is no longer making them wish I could get a blue print for bowmender press
Old 04-28-2007, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Bowmaster and it works great. You use a bolt to shorten and lengthen the cables and ghave control the entire time.

The ratchet type just looks like an accident waiting to happen.
I'd think that just like any ratchet strap when you decide to let the tension off the Ratchet-loc it springs back quickly and you could end up with what happened to burnie or at least the cables not landing on the cams correctly.
Just my $.02.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:33 PM
Fork Horn

I heard the ratchet loc is pretty good but read a couple of reviews on cabela's web site that were a little scary,think I will get the bowmaster alot of good talk about it,good price on it to at bowhunters superstore.07 allegiance sweet,shot the guardian at 65# I have never shot nothing like it,heard nothing,felt nothing I was in total awe,I will see how good it goes over this year figured I'd let them get the bugs out this year if there is any,as far as I'm concerned bowtech is sure leading the pack right now gonna be hard to top that bow,for what I paid for this truth bow I'm very pleased with it.Getting back to presses have you seen the ULTRA PRESS yet,it looks like a good one to have around,reasonable to.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't seen that one yet. Just did a search and couldn't find it. Who's the manufacturer? The Truth looks like a nice bow. Bear has always built dependable bows
Old 04-29-2007, 07:39 AM
Fork Horn

I found the ultra press here on hunting net.now I can't remember how to get in to it,there is another one called the OMNI BENCH PRESS BOW PRESS,If you can get on ebay and go on to bow press,you will be able to see it looks like a nice press for the buck,whats up with the word fawn under my login name with one star looks pretty whimpy to me,how do you put something different there do you know.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

You have to post threads and replyto posts to raise from a fawn. That's the only way.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:31 AM
Fork Horn

ok,have you been able to find the ultra press any where on this site,I can not find it searching the web.