Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 3D Suits, Dang High Prices >

3D Suits, Dang High Prices

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

3D Suits, Dang High Prices

Old 04-07-2006, 07:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 3D Suits, Dang High Prices

The way it looks on their web site is called a marketing strategy,and using photagraphy to better the image or picture for our viewing "ooooohs and ahhhhs" along with some creative writing mumbo jumbo.

I rarely post on ASAT threads but felt the inclination to do so on this one......

Yourassumption of trick photography is 100% false andIMO rather ignorant to make claims like that about something you could only speculate on.

Here is some more trick photography for you...... How's the ASAT look up close compaired tomy Mossy Oak under shirt...... Mumbo jumbo I tell ya

[/align]
Old 04-07-2006, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yourassumption of trick photography is 100% false andIMO rather ignorant to make claims like that about something you could only speculate on.
hehe your picture is proof, it doesnt look that good to me, sorry to burst your bubble buckeye, it looks okay at best with you sitting down in the leaves in the fall on the ground.Just like I said, its okay, its different and it may work in some hunting situations. And if you think companies dont take pictures favoring certain conditions while putting together marketing material you are sadly mistaken friend and you are the obviously the ignorent one here.

Here is some more trick photography for you...... How's the ASAT look up close compaired tomy Mossy Oak under shirt...... Mumbo jumbo I tell ya
Oh please!! Im no Mossy Oak fan but give me a break, this is exactly what Im talking about. Take a picture with the two of you together withsame foilage as the Mossy Oak pattern and then talk smack, your only fooling yourself, not me. Yeah thats what I said, mumbo jumbo, just like your talkin. And if its so good, why isnt your hunting buddy wearing it?? Obviously you didnt convince him its all that.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Diesel

Actually, we are both wearing it in the photo. I took my top off as it was a little on the warm side and were about to start dragging. Notice my pants in the photo.....

I personally know the man who took the pictures on the ASAT web site and I know 100% these photos are un-altered.

I cannot speak for others photography practices, but can speak for ASAT's.

I am not here to argue with you or anyone else about this, I was merely pointing out the fact that you are incorrect with your accusations of trick photography.

BTW I posted that "up close" pic in regards to this statement. No light, no shadows, just up close as you suggested.

and the way its photographed in different light and shadow situations makes it look that much more appealing, till you see it up close.
Take care.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buckeye, sorry bud but I never said anyone uses trick photography.
using photagraphy to better the image or picture
meaning they use conditions like light, seasonal foliage, etc ... to favor the pictures,Im not sure where you got trick photography from, but I sure didnt say it.

Anyway, I appolagize, I didnt see you were a dealer/distributor for ASAT and I dont want to mess with a mans living so thats it on this topic for me, sorry buckeye.

Can we discuss something else neither of bring home the bacon with
Old 04-07-2006, 09:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Diesel,

I sell ASAT as well as some other hunting / archery products but do it for fun. If I don't sell an ASAT suit for the rest of my life it is of little consequence to my lively hood. I just enjoy it.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:49 AM
Typical Buck

Everyone has there own opinion and I try to take that into consideration when posting, I am simply posting my opinions and my experience with ASAT. I am not a marketing ploy but rather a friend for trying to help you decide which 3-d suit you should buy and why.I think that the ASAT is rather small and are really causious on to where this stuff is sold. They might not want it to be sold in BASS PRO SHOPS or other big stores in fear of not keeping up with demand.
Old 04-08-2006, 06:55 AM
Typical Buck

I don't own or sell ASAT but its easy to see its a good camo. The dark/light and horizontal patterns are excellent for breaking up the figure. A lot of the others, which I own, look great up close but blend to a dark, discernable figure at longer distances. I still use them and they aren't bad camo, they just have been around longer and have a better marketing department. Not that they have a stranglehold on the market, but they a dug in pretty deep. What can't you buy nowadays that you can't get in a logo'd camo pattern?
Old 04-08-2006, 06:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

I had a quote up here prior to reading the rest of the replies which BBH covered nicely.

I can reinforce as a personal friend of Chuck Pensyl and ASAT camo, the guy who took the photos and I'm here to tell you, there is absolutely no falsification in their photographs, marketing ploys or any other illusions to sell their product. "using photography to better the image or product" also translate to "trickery" which is false.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, until you wear ASAT, you'll never understand. That's is ASAT's only downfall, it's not appealing to the human eye and I can care less if my fellow hunters can pick me out or not because I'm not hunting humans...period. I know how it works on animals, deer, turkey, coyotes and elk and it's just magic pure and simple and those who haven't will never get the belief in ASAT.

I wore ASAT 20 years ago, long before I met Chuck. Meeting Chuck was a happen stance about 6 years ago. My ASAT wore out and I couldn't find it anymore so I wore every camo out there (almost) and it never held up to camo like ASAT did until I found Predator. It was the nicest replacement to ASAT I could find....one day Chuck walked by with his son at a local gun show where I was working a call booth...I said to him, that's damn good camo too bad you can't find it anymore. He said that's funny you said that as that instance the inventor and his brother came around the corner and I was in awe, all wearing ASAT jackets. We struck up a conversation and have been friends ever since and I was excited that they were bring ASAT back out after a former distributor went under....that is why you don't see ASAT on the market like you do the other so called big camo companies. It's still growing.

I can tell story after story after story about incredible experiences I've had in the field while wearing ASAT but we probably all could have some we think are incredible but being a bowhunter whose worn the others and ASAT, all my ASAT stories out rank the other camo experiences including Realtree (all colors) , MO, Predator, Treebark, Truwoods, Truleaf etc...etc...

Again, sure to the human eye it might not look...."right" but guys what, to animals, simply put, your invisible and those of us who wear it, know it and those of you who don't....fine, keep wearing what your wearing and have great success but you may never experience what I've experienced wearing ASAT...

Oh, and you want to talk marketing and using photo's /video imagery to enhance you product, Realtree's commercial "How many hunters do you see in Realtree...etc" and their red filtered lens. [&:]

ASAT doesn't have to do that.

This elk looked over my shoulder at the guide 30 yards behind me while I drew and shot him at 33 yards while on one knee in the open, and this wasn't the 3D suit...the elk actually leaned to look behind me.

Need green for spring turkey, no...I called this bird in for this first time youth and his dad(behind me). We had 4 guys in the woods while this gobbler came in to this 12 year old. 4 guys and none of us were picked out and this kid moved alot...alot and you don't do that on PA birds!

He was part of this crew, PA's first youth season 2 years ago. Each one of these hunts had at least 3 people on the birds and noone spooked a bird.

I rely on it for myself to get close to birds. In fact, the closest I've ever been turkeys is while wearing ASAT and the distance, 2 yards when a flock walked by me single file down a logging road. Yes I was standing in the middle or a logging road and the birds walked by me...they go around me on either side single file until I twitched from shaking and all but hit by wing beats when the took off...this in a spring bird I called in nice and tight.

Another.....

Predators...now these eyes don't get any better and I took two shots on this yote and he couldn't find me.....

And of course, deer can't find you...and if they do "see" you, they come to check you out cause they don't get it, Right Matt/PA

A fall bird I called in for a buddy's first bird.

Old 04-08-2006, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am still waiting for a reply on my questions
Is ASAT available in Canada? been all over the place and havent found any yet.
Has ASAT made any quality garments for the cold weather hunter?
I am not talking about throw over garments,something in a quality fleece,gore tex,scent-blocker ,something in that line.
You would think that if ASAT is as good as it is someone would have picked up the pattern and employed it into their clothing line.
Thanks for anyones help.
Old 04-08-2006, 08:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am still waiting for a reply on my questions
Is ASAT available in Canada? been all over the place and havent found any yet.
Has ASAT made any quality garments for the cold weather hunter?
I am not talking about throw over garments,something in a quality fleece,gore tex,scent-blocker ,something in that line.
You would think that if ASAT is as good as it is someone would have picked up the pattern and employed it into their clothing line.
Thanks for anyones help.

Ok.... I'll try to answer my best here.

ASAT is available via mail order toany where if no dealers are near you. I can't say for sure if you have any local dealers or not.

Yes, ASAT has a full line up of gear from insulated cold weather gear, uninsulated BDU's, wooleven coolers to keep your lunch cold / warm.Also, ground blinds produced by Eastman Outfitters.

For the Fleece, Grey Wolfhas fleece ASAT garnets.

To the best of my knowledge there is no Gore-Tex or Scent-Loc garments in ASAT camo.

I hardly ever post on ASAT threads because I don't want people to interpret that I am pushing the product, as I am not. If someone decides it's something they would like to try, I am more than happy to help them out.

I became a dealer after I wore it for two seasons because I saw how effective of a system it is. Not because it's trash and wanted to hood wink people into buying from me
[/align]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.