Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 3D Suits, Dang High Prices >

3D Suits, Dang High Prices

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

3D Suits, Dang High Prices

Old 04-09-2006, 09:26 PM

Default RE: 3D Suits, Dang High Prices

ASAT has peaked my interest as of late and I see many people (not just here say it is a nice camo. I have been thinking of getting a 3D leafy suit for this year and what the heck.......I may as well try a new pattern right?

I have to admit I have a tough time buying into the ASAT works in every setting pitch........I just don't see it. Having said that, I don't think any pattern is perfect for all settings either.

Rob.....

I don't get your series of pictures. While I love them and they are great in both story and appearence........I don't see them as showing anything other then some animals killed by people in ASAT. There are a thousand pics posted here every year of animals killed in other patterns for every one posed in ASAT. If this is the basis of measuring success it proves every other pattern is far superior (just speaking numbers game). Love the pics..........just don't see how they support ASAT.......much the same way posting a picture of someone with a deer killed by a hunter in a white T-shirt wouldn't make me think a white T is the way to go.

I do agree that ASAT uses pictures that.......how can I say this.......have more to do with the surroundings then the suit.

Example

C'mon man........that guy could be wearing Spongebob boxers and a clown suit and you wouldn't see him in that shadow.

Another.

They use the above photo to compare to this one

Geesh.......why don't they pull back a little farther so the light levels drop even more. Of course the up close photo will be brighter in the snow.

This one actually made me laugh

Why would you even take that pic??........man, if you get spotted hiding in the shadows like that you must be wearing a neon sign that reads "Hunter over here!!!!!"

Not that I expected ASAT..........or anyone else to put UN-flattering pics of their products on their webpage [8D]

I didn't take what an earlier poster said as trick photography either.......matter of fact I knew exactly what he meant because that is the impression I got when I saw those pics. My brother said the same thing when he was here last week shooting the new bows with me and I showed it to him.

I never have a problem with deer seeing me once they get in range and for the last 2 years I have been wearing a $15 sweatshirt as my outer layer (mostly because it is fleece and silent on the draw) It's a Winchester in realtree I think........whatever. I have killed deer in everything from a T-shirt to high end camo........and more deer then I can remember while wearing a blaze orange pumpkin suit that pracically glows........and some of them were so close I could have spit on them. 99% of the gun deer I have taken in my life were in bow range and I hunted from the ground for about 10 years. Movement is what deer see more often then not IMO I think too many people blame their camo for their inability to sit still or be quiet.

All in all I think ASAT is a fine camo pattern..........and I may just be wearing it this fall.

One of the things that sticks with me about this thread is people saying they are "invisible" and deer not spooking when they wave their arms and even yell at the deer..........or not spooking a turkey with a bunch of movement.

If those stories are true I'm not really sure I want ASAT. I want to feel like the deer or whatever animal I killed was taken due to my skills as a hunter and not because I bought a shirt that makes his eyes go crazy like some kind of magic eye poster you stare at in the mall for an hour trying to make a spaceship appear.

You know how my dad taught me not to get busted?? He looked at me and said "sit STILL!!!"..........and when the deer looked right at us and then ran away he looked at me again and said "Now you know why I told you to sit still" I learned REAL fast.

Old 04-09-2006, 09:49 PM

Their pics look a little different when the lights are turned on

Old 04-09-2006, 09:52 PM

[]

Old 04-10-2006, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey there sunshine!! I was wondering where you had been!! Atlasman = my hero[:-]
Old 04-10-2006, 05:52 PM
Dominant Buck

The ASAT is the craze around here it seems. I have one, but to be honest, it's more expensive than it's worth. It's just a cover garment, no pockets, no belt loops or anything and it's expensive. Use good stand placement and concealment and any camo will do just as well. If you get the 3d suits with pockets and stuff that are out now, you could buy 3 sets of camo with the same money.
I'd rather have multiple patterns for different seasons.

Old 04-10-2006, 05:54 PM
Typical Buck

I would definitely recommend sneakyleaf, i have had the crap scared out of me a few times by friends who have decided to test the effectiveness of the stuff on me, an innocent bystander just walking through the woods.