Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 3D Suits, Dang High Prices >

3D Suits, Dang High Prices

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

3D Suits, Dang High Prices

Old 04-07-2006, 06:45 AM

Default RE: 3D Suits, Dang High Prices

How is the ASAT 3d suit for noise?
Old 04-07-2006, 08:24 AM
G5

i had looked at the asat suits for awhile and just couldnt bring myself to spend the money on a suit colored for a desert storm sniper. I think if lived in texas i might have been more appt to buy one. since i dont i went with the cabelas light weight ghillie pants and cabelas leafy-tee series shirt sized big enough for layers. I absolutely love it, great blend for the woods or open field and while shirt really breaks up my outline its not bulky like the ghillie jacket, super silent and doesnt get in the way when shooting my bow. i paid around $130 for the set which is just a little better than standard $160 for 3D suit.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I made my own from an old set of camo top/pants/hat. I took old camo material and a bunch of burlap, cut long (3-12 inch strips depending on clearance needed) strips and sewed them in bunches with heavy thread/needle and then to the clothing. It's totally silent and it really does baffle the deer. I add material of differing colors with seasonal changes or as theburlap gets torn off. These suits area little messy in the washer/dryer so wash them at a landromat or when your wife is not home.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah prices are getting pretty high unfortunately, but, with technology comes cost. The designs and art work for thefabrics looks much better and is all state of the art, but the costs to make them from ink transfer to actual manufacturing costs is getting to the point where even Tee shirts with any good design is going to cost a good bit. You could always go to your local surplus store and buy army surplus gear which is still pretty cheap.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well having worked for a major Hunting store. I got all my items at cost, the High tec clothes is were they make all there money. Leaf Suit Cost 200.00 retail, cost them 70-80 bucks.

Old 04-07-2006, 02:17 PM
Typical Buck

Ok here is the deal on the ASAT camo. you really need to read every bit of literatur on there site. It explains why it is colored the way it is. Trust me and ASAT they tell you if you are not happy they will buy it back. Go out to the woods and look at all the colors you see...... brown, tan, black, and of course some green now, but lookat the ground with all the dead leaves, that my friend is why it blends so well. My father in-law is a skeptic about gucciflauge and still wears treebark until he went scouting with and told me he was going to have to walk in front of me because the ASAT suit kept messing with his eyes, he said when I was walking and he stopped to look at something, then looked forward he said it looked like I had no legs or arms, or was completely gone. He told me kinda reminds him of the first predator movie when you would just see part of the woods move. Another aspect is that this one pattern will work anywhere or in any terrian, I hunt fields, pines, hardwoods, brush, treestands etc, there is no better. Yes it is quiet, you might have to wash it a couple of times but it is as silent as cotton. I have been 5 yards from a herd of 22 deer after the season. I was sitting in the open with no stump or tree to at my back. I have had turkeys 10 yards from me in the same situation. It is like you are invisable. I have undoubtabley see triple the amount of game while scouting than I have ever before. No i have no connection to asat other than being so amazed by this suit and how it works.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry TurkeyStalker I disagree with your opinion. The way it looks on their web site is called a marketing strategy,and using photagraphy to better the image or picture for our viewing "ooooohs and ahhhhs" along with some creative writing mumbo jumbo. When I sawASAT in person I was kind of shocked at whatI saw. This is just likea "whats the best bow" post. Lots of different opinions here.One of my hunting partnersbought ASAT last year as he swore up and down this was the end all beat all camo, I sat at the truck chuckling uh huh, I told him to go up over the hill and stand at the edge of our feilds (500 acres)and after 10 minutes I would walk up to the crest of the hill and seeif I could spot him, well not only did spot him, but it was from more than200 yards away with the naked eye, I walked right to him and listened to him scream how I watched, and how Icheatedas I got closer. I honestly did not peek over the hill, I just saw him plain and simple. I was actually VERY curious as to what this was all about so I gave it an honest test.

Its okay, it is different, it will work okay in some situations but wont work as well as some other camo's will in other situations. Period. There is no miracle camo, and the way its photographed in different light and shadow situations makes it look that much more appealing, till you see it up close. Its definitely marketed well.
Old 04-07-2006, 04:49 PM
Typical Buck

You don't need a 3D to kill animals. Heck, you don't even need a weapon. Just strip down naked, hide in a tree and jump on their back and bite them to death. Even though you don't need a 3D, you may like haveing one anyway. I've got a Shannon Bug Tamer Plus and its o.k. I didn't care too much for it after I wore it a few times. I bought a Scentblocker 3D and love it. Quiet, lots of pockets, made very well. Drawback is its expensive. I'm thinking of getting an ASAT 3D. I know I don't need it but maybe I'd like it anyway.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Diesel77, I hate to say it but I think you are just a little off base. The opinions on the ASAT suit is just that. I see you have three Hoyt bows. Well I have personally seen cracked limbs, bent pulleys,Etc, Etc on thoese bows and never seen it on Bowtech. Will this keep me from ever trying a Hoyt? Probably not. Is Hoyt the best? Definately not, But in the top 3. So, it is with asat. I think it works for alot more people than just Turkeystalker according to the posts on here I have seen. A lot more other ideas that I see are cropping up, even homemade suits. This is what bothers me when someone takes one persons OPINION, and acts like they are laying down the law on camo. We are all just a bunch of sicko bowhunters trying to improve our tactics. HA HA JUst Like the Baseball player will do anything to improve his game.

LT
Old 04-07-2006, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have always wondered a few things.If ASAT was so popular and "good" then why havent I ever seen the stuff and believe me,I have looked?
Is this stuff available here in Canada?
Another thing---Why is it that this seems to be the only site where everyone hypes up the ASAT camo? If they are as good as everyone says the camo is then why does Mossey Oak and Realtree seem to be at the top of "everyone elses list"
Does ASAT make quality clothing like Realtree and Mossey Oak ? I am not talking about a throw over my warm clothing type of garmet but a good scentblocker,whitewater,sportchief,browning etc suit with the ASAT camo pattern?
What makes this camo any better then all the others in the real world hunting situations where we play the wind and stay as still as possible or climb higher in our stands.
Maybe just getting a really good deal on the stuff for advertising

I am not trying to start any wars over what the best camo pattern is,I just want to know why it is always reffered when the stuff cant be found at any local sporting goods store,but has to be ordered.Personally If I am going to spend my hard earned money,I will try my suit on before buying.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.