Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 spot-hogg and sword sights >

spot-hogg and sword sights

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

spot-hogg and sword sights

Old 03-07-2006, 09:58 AM
Spike

Default spot-hogg and sword sights

Hey all,

Been looking at gettting a new sight for my bow, and have narrowed it down to either the spot-hogg hogg-it or hunter or the sword acu-site micro apex 3rd plane, just wondering if ya'll had any experience with these sights, what you thought about 'em and which one you would purchase or recommend, basically pro's and con's. Look forward to any and all responses. Thanks
Old 03-07-2006, 12:18 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: spot-hogg and sword sights

I have the hunter.....

It's well-built. I 'might' would have gotten the larger pins.....but I'll let you know after I get my new glasses, today (lol).

It's just a solid sight. I was ready for 5 pins....and this is the one that I kept hearing good things about. I've never regretted it.

I have noknowledge of the other sight though. Sorry.

Jeff
Old 03-07-2006, 12:31 PM
Fork Horn

I just bought a Hogg It for my new bowtech tribute (which should be in any day now) and I LOVE IT! Its kinda high priced, but I just can't imagine a sturdier, more microadjustable sight. Once I get the 2d/3rd axis set and have it adjusted the way I want it...I'm gonna give it the ole fiber optic makeover. I hope that I can try her out on a nice fat gobbler in a couple of months.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:54 PM

Never heard of that sword sight. Got any pics or links?
Old 03-07-2006, 01:56 PM

Sword makes one heck of a site and yo uget a real good bang for your buck as well when it comes to them. The only real negative I have about them is that they are not carried in any stores nearby so you kind of have to decide if you are going to try them before even laying your eyes on them. I borrowed a twilight hunter and it was great, I am ordering a Micro Apex 3rd plane one of these days.. Have already talked to Chaney Sword about it, just need to get off my butt and call them up.

Old 03-07-2006, 01:57 PM

www.swordaccusite.com

Old 03-07-2006, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't have any experience with the sword sights. I've had a coupd buddies of mine tell me the only complaints they had with their Spott Hogg sights was that the fibers are very fragile. Other than that the sights appear to be built like a tank. The fibers are not very bright either.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:12 PM

I have a Twighlight Hunter Sword sight and Love It.Very bright pins and the
fibers are garenteed not to break!He told me I can tie them in a knot and still can't break them! You also can get the pins in .o29,.019 and even .o10!!
I have .019 for 20,30 and 40 and a .010 for 50.Made greatand bright.I dont know what more you could ask for!!You can order them right off the phone #
on the web sight.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:44 AM
Spike

thanks for all the responses, gonna be a tough decision, though after checking prices may have to give that sword a try 150 (spot hogg) vs 115 (sword), well i let ya'll know how things turn out.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:05 AM

I couldn't get the sword sight link to work[:@]

Quick Reply: spot-hogg and sword sights

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.