Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 spot-hogg and sword sights >

spot-hogg and sword sights

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

spot-hogg and sword sights

Old 03-14-2006, 06:21 PM

Default RE: spot-hogg and sword sights

thanks for thinking about it. a lot of folks read and never post, or comment. they can take what some person says doesn't matter, because they don't understand it, or don't use it - because they don't understand it, and they'll blow it off. maybe they'll blow it off for 6 months, maybe a year, maybe 2 years. sooner or later though, if they want to continually improve their shooting, they'll beging to understand and use the 2nd and 3rd axis. so someone who just seems good at what they are talking about, but doesn't really know what they're talking about can unwittingly putothers off learning and improving by doing what they set out to - to get other folks to think they know what they are talking about.

there is no way learning to use the 2nd and 3rd axis will make you a worse shot, it can only make you better. the adjustments to your equipment are made long before you get in a stand or blind. there is nothing extra to do when hunting - only when practicing, and a level reference for competing.

now, this info may not apply to those who were hunting dinosaurs with a bowin their youth - cough - cough, nudge nudge wink wink (coug - hope that tickles you)
Old 03-15-2006, 05:27 AM
Dominant Buck

If I'm gonna be referenced....just do so by name.

For the record....I am NOT against everyone doing things correctly. I think I stated several times that in a perfect world.....everyone would have perfect equipment and perfect form. And...for the record....MY sight has 2nd and 3rd axis leveling adjustment capabilities. So....I'm a believer, yes.

I conceded this point WAY back.

I was simply trying to get "other" (not 'others') to recognize that MANY hunters become PROLIFIC predators .....without EVER worrying about such adjustments. Therefore....I don't see these level of adjustments as being "critical". There have probably been more deer harvested by people who don't even KNOW of these type adjustments.

In the golf world.....I was a HUGE proponent of golfers being custom fitted for their clubs. It was a precision, dynamic fitting process.....and it SURELY helped many, many golfers with their games. I was also not naive enough to think that there weren't MANY, MANY players out there who had learned to adapt to the ill-fitted equipment they already owned and had mastered. These people could have cared less if their equipment was "precision-tuned".

Me thinks there are a lot of hunters out there in the second category. Just my opinion.

Jeff
Old 03-15-2006, 05:47 AM
Typical Buck

inhale slowly thourgh the nose.............1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10......... exhales through the mouth 1,2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ,10,.........

just take the things out and have fun.....no back to the topics of SWORD vs. HOGG
Old 03-15-2006, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator

now, this info may not apply to those who were hunting dinosaurs with a bow in their youth - cough - cough, nudge nudge wink wink (coug - hope that tickles you)
Why you gibblet! Lets see, I do remember bowhunting on weekends and never seeing anybody other than a few quail hunters in a square mile area, seeing few deer, accidently getting on another's property and after being asked what I was doing on the property, the landowner smiling and wishing me the best of luck in getting a deer with my bow. Not that long ago though because I was using a compound bow. The good ole days.