Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 spot-hogg and sword sights >

spot-hogg and sword sights

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

spot-hogg and sword sights

Old 03-08-2006, 12:11 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: spot-hogg and sword sights

Spot Hogg...fantabulous. Built like a brick ...you know what.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:36 PM
Spike

T-shell, try this out: www.swordacusite.com
I think the other had one to many c's in it. Hope this one works.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:45 PM

my buddy bought a sword. can't adjust the 2nd axis without shimming the sight. whoever he talked to on the phone from sword told him his riser must not be machined straight. that just ain't right.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:17 PM

Have had no problems adjusting any axis on my twighlight hunter!!
GREAT SIGHT!!
Old 03-08-2006, 06:24 PM

how did you adjust your 2nd axis? (do you know what that is?)
Old 03-08-2006, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have heard nothing but good things about the Sword. I am strongly considering giving one a shot. I may sell off the Spot Hogg if I like it enough. The things I REALLY don't like about the spot hogg are the REALLY tiny bubble, I hate this on a short ATA bow like the Allegiance my spot hogg is on. The pin bodies are also very fat and cover a LOT of the target. My Allegiance is also fast, and if I use the first two pin holes for 20 and 30 yards, they just barely get close enough together for the speed (309) that my Allegiance is putting out. When the pins are this close together, the whole right side of the target is covered as well......something I don't like. Keep in mind, I still think that the Spot Hogg is still the best sight I have personally used or seen in real life, but the pictures and specs on that Sword have me thinking about giving theirs w/ the .010 pins a try. After a winter of shooting my black eagle scope, it is tough to give up that precision and go back to pins........hopefully that Sword will give me a little more precision but still be rugged enough to hunt with.

I do love the microadjustability on the Spot Hogg though. I wish Copper John would finally release the micro adjust pins sight I keep hearing rumors about. Most of the copper john crew live close to me so I keep hearing rumors about this, it would be nice to have one to swap directly into the mount my ANTS is on now........
Old 03-09-2006, 05:16 AM

ORIGINAL: gibblet

how did you adjust your 2nd axis? (do you know what that is?)
I know what a axis is if that is what you are asking.Do you
know how to adjust one?There are 2 bolts one for windage
and 1 for elevation.That is the only 2 adjustments that will move the whole sight.Then each pin has a elevation adjustment.I have the Twighlight hunter.I don't know about any of the other sights they make.
I can however speek about this one because I own one.It is GREAT!!!
Old 03-09-2006, 10:04 AM
Dominant Buck

I said Spot Hogg because I own one and love it. I didn't know what a Sword was. I went to the site....good looking sight. Either or I figure.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:49 AM

D.Parsons,
Did you get your sight over the internet? Im having trouble finding a place to look and be able to purchase one at. Thanks
Old 03-09-2006, 11:13 AM

those won't adjust your 2nd axis, which is your level, and which you need to have right.

Quick Reply: spot-hogg and sword sights

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.