Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

whisker biskit

Old 02-23-2006, 07:48 PM

Default RE: whisker biskit

ORIGINAL: bowtech die hard

That's fine. If it works for you that's what counts. I really like the drop and that's fine too. What's starting to piss me off around this site (and i'm not referring to you) is that people automatically jump to conclusions: Oh he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about, etc...and it pisses me off. It's like what was posted earlier on this thread, observation is a great way of finding out what works too. I've used a WB and didn't like it. I've seen lots of problems with it from lots of people. That's just what I'm saying that I've experienced. If it works great for you guys that's fine, I have no problem with that. I'm just stating what's happened in my case. I appreciate it when people are allowed to give their opinions and not automatically get ripped on because other people don't think they know what they are talking about. That's why when I replied to your post, I asked if you had experience with the drop-away. You replied you did and that you like the whisker biscuit the best. That's great. Those are the kind of replies that should be posted on here. I appreciate replies like that and I think the rest of the people that post on here do as well. It gets annoying when people just make you sound like you don't know what the hell you're talking about. I just wanted to get that out cause I was getting pissed off.
Actually your reply was to someone else.........I just used it as a launching pad.

I understand COMPLETELY how stupid it is to say that someone HAS to have owned and used a product to have an opinion on it. Trust me

A lot of times people seem to dislike the WB for no apparent reason or for reasons that don't exist.......like vane damage or speed loss and it just gets silly. If it's ruining your vanes it's not setup right (just like any other rest).......and I have chronoed my bow and got from 0-2fps loss with and without the WB........mostly 1 fps. To make that even a disussion point is beyond stupid.

I have no problem with any other rest and I'm sure they all work.......unfortunately, the same respect is rarely paid back to the WB. People act as if the thing is total junk no matter how many animals fall to it year after year after year.

No big deal.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

alright....thanks for the reply though. That's the kind of reply I was hoping for.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

See, here is why I take what Arthur has to say with a grain of salt.
As far as I'm concerned, a wb has two things going for it. 1) Itis simple and uncomplicated, with no moving parts. 2) There is no way an arrow can fall off the rest
He can't even count to 3 any more, well actually I'm not sure he was ever able to count to 3 at all!!

Easy Arthur, this thread could set another new record!!! Jus' funnin' with ya!!
Old 02-24-2006, 06:38 AM

Hey guys you all need to relax I just asked if he'd ever owned one or had any personal experience. You can all think what you want but to say you hate something without even trying it is a pretty strong statement. Everyone has a right to their opinion I just put a lot more faith in an opinion based on something real. Not just what someone has heard.He said he'd had plenty so fine. And the gravity analogy was a very poor one. I HATE steak even though I've never tasted it. If that were a true statement would it make sense to anyone or would you all suggest I actually try it before I said I hated it
Old 02-24-2006, 07:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not a big fan of the WB either ,not from my experience ,just from some of my buddies that use them . I think the idea is good for hunting ,but for doing a ton of shooting I'm very sceptical about them.I've seen some of their handy work on vane's and they definately can be hard on vane's .Don't shoot me for my comment's guy's ,I just didn't like what I seen . I know lot's of guy's who like them as well .I'm just not one of them.

Geeze guy's I'm sorry I posted on this one ,I guess after seeing all the problem's from the WB from my buddies ,I guess I should have went out and spent the $65.00 or so dollar's on one just to proove it to myself .
I don't usually make it a habit of buying thing's that have given me bad impression's from what I've seen .
I know there's lot's of guy's who like them and that's fine ,if they work for you,I just didn't like what I seenand heard.

nubo
Old 02-24-2006, 11:05 AM

ORIGINAL: turtleshell

And the gravity analogy was a very poor one.
Actually it isn't. To say someone needs to have owned and used something to have a valid opinion on it is just plain goofy. If you know something is a waste of money you would have to be an idiot to go out and buy one just to prove that fact. I don't need to jump from a tree to know I will fall............I know gravity works and I don't need to test it to prove that. Like Arthur said you don't have to hit yourself in the face with a hammer to know it's gonna hurt.

Lots of people don't like the WB because they saw it on a friends bow and he was having problems........that's OK. Doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the WB........it's just their experience.

IMO it is a MUCH more intelligent approach to do some research and learn about a product BEFORE you ever think of buying it. Learning from others mistakes is a great way to not waste money. In fact it is a conerstone of the value of this site.......unfortunately many people lately have intertwined the valdiity of someone's opinion with whether or not they own the product they are speaking of............seems silly.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:23 PM
Typical Buck

There's a cute and funny analogy for almost everything but seldom are things as black and white as we'd like. If someone using a WB and has their bow tuned and doesn't have some of the problems others might be having may conclude it may be something else than the WB, especially if they had experienced some of those problems with the WB when their own bows weren't tuned. I would tend to take more stock in that persons input than someone who'd seen some of their friends have problems with the WB without knowing how the bow was set up or arrow spine, etc. I think a bow can be out of tune and the nature of the WB good groups can be done. You might get more vane wear but you can get good groups. Now don't start cussing me. I'm not saying anybody here doesn't have their bow tuned, I'm just giving an example. I have no doubt there are some setups that the WB may not be the best choice for. And yes, there's nothing like firsthand experience. That's obviously why alot of us are here, including me. To learn from some very knowledgeable hunters. If I see 8 out of 10 people say they've had good experiences with something, 2 that haven't, and another 2 that say they've never tried it but know its not good, I'm pretty much going to think it may be alright. I may try it and love it, or I may not. But I tried it and now I know. If I didn't try things based on somebody's negative opinion, there would be a whole lot I missed out on. Would you want someone building your house that had done it or seen it done? Would you want someone cooking your dinner that was a cook or someone who'd seen a cooked dinner? Not that these analogies have any bearing. Now don't anybody take anything I say too serious. If I didn't like the people here I would be here so much. We're all a little different and a little the same but nothing to be mad about. [8D]
Old 02-24-2006, 05:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Your absolutely right aero,but when I see more than a few people that I knowPERSONALLY that had problem's then that raised the red flag ,and I'm not about to spend the money on it to find it out for myself .I'm not cussing you this is just howI look at it .

nubo
Old 02-24-2006, 06:03 PM
Typical Buck

nubo, I understand and respect that. You are one of several on here that I put a lot of stock in their opinions. Now you got me thinking dropaway.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now you got me thinking dropaway.
I tested a SwitchbackXT this past week and it had a Ripcord dropaway on it. I personally use a APA Twister Safari but have to admit I was very impressed with the Ripcord.

Quick Reply: whisker biskit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.