Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

whisker biskit

Old 02-23-2006, 03:50 PM

Default RE: whisker biskit

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Meaning you don't think he has a right to express an opinion if he doesn't, I assume.

That's been a pretty common theme around here lately. I guess some people think you should only be allowed to talk about gravity if you have fallen from a tree.
Old 02-23-2006, 03:54 PM

ORIGINAL: bowtech die hard

I'm not trying to piss you off here, but have you ever used a drop-away?

I have used drop away's, prong, and the WB.

WB is the best of the bunch hands down IMO.

I agree that if you do buy one be prepared.............you will start to see them pop up on more and more of your friends bows Both my brothers and a couple of my friends have already made the switch.........without fail they all say they wouldn't hunt with anything else now.

Great rest.
Old 02-23-2006, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: turtleshell

I HATE THEM! I've seen lots of problems with 'em. i.e. vanes/feathers/bad flight/tough tuning.
Have you ever had any of those problems YOURSELF? Do yo have any firsthand experience with this rest?
Yeah as a matter of fact. I have a lot of first hand experience with them. I owned a biscuit right when they came out and took it off a week later. I hated it. I worked at Gander Mt. for a year as well and saw more problems from people using them than I care to share. I've had a lot of friends use them as well and toss them because of fletching damage. Working at Gander and at a local pro shop I've seen almost nothing but problems. Sorry, but that's the experience I've had with 'em and it's been a lot of experience.
Old 02-23-2006, 04:29 PM
Site Bouncer

That's been a pretty common theme around here lately. I guess some people think you should only be allowed to talk about gravity if you have fallen from a tree.
Tell me about it!

you will start to see them pop up on more and more of your friends bows
Ain't that the truth...One of my hunting buddies swore by his (no need to mention) rest. Well we hunted alot together this year and I kept seeing him looking at my bow. We would be putting on our warm outer layers before heading out to hunt and I would catch him picking up my bow. Well just the other day we went to the range and sure enough there was a Whisker Biscuit mounted on his Hoyt. I looked at him and he just smiled

IMHO, as a hunting rest....you just can't beat it.
Old 02-23-2006, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: atlasman

I'm not trying to piss you off here, but have you ever used a drop-away?

I have used drop away's, prong, and the WB.

WB is the best of the bunch hands down IMO.

I agree that if you do buy one be prepared.............you will start to see them pop up on more and more of your friends bows Both my brothers and a couple of my friends have already made the switch.........without fail they all say they wouldn't hunt with anything else now.

Great rest.
That's fine. If it works for you that's what counts. I really like the drop and that's fine too. What's starting to piss me off around this site (and i'm not referring to you) is that people automatically jump to conclusions: Oh he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about, etc...and it pisses me off. It's like what was posted earlier on this thread, observation is a great way of finding out what works too. I've used a WB and didn't like it. I've seen lots of problems with it from lots of people. That's just what I'm saying that I've experienced. If it works great for you guys that's fine, I have no problem with that. I'm just stating what's happened in my case. I appreciate it when people are allowed to give their opinions and not automatically get ripped on because other people don't think they know what they are talking about. That's why when I replied to your post, I asked if you had experience with the drop-away. You replied you did and that you like the whisker biscuit the best. That's great. Those are the kind of replies that should be posted on here. I appreciate replies like that and I think the rest of the people that post on here do as well. It gets annoying when people just make you sound like you don't know what the hell you're talking about. I just wanted to get that out cause I was getting pissed off.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:24 PM
Typical Buck

Most of my friends have switched to the WB and all of them think it is the best they've had. I think maybe some of the WB arguements may be that alot of people who've used them find them to be a very good rest with no discernable problems and find it hard to see where others may be having trouble. They're pretty simple and some may only conclude that problems some may have may be attributed to tuning. I have been fairly surprised at how many people I've met that shot bows that were not tuned or shot arrows that were incorrectly spined, incorrect lenth, etc. I'm sure I'd like some drop-aways. I'm also sure if my bow wasn't tuned or if someone I knew shot a drop-away on a bow not tuned or wrong arrows I could blame the rest. I'm glad everybody doesn't shoot the same bows or rests or arrows or whatever. Its good to have choices.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:30 PM

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

The whisker biscuit works best with properly tuned bows shooting the correct spine arrows for the bow.
Duh![8D]

Jeez! Putting a wb on a Newberry.... That's like wearing a dirty T-shirt and cutoffs to the Academy Awards.
Careful Art your bias is showing!

Fact of the matter is the whisker biscuit works!

A friend of mine owns a bowshop. He had a PSE Coyote recurve bow hanging on the rack and he put a whisker biscuit on it. He had a field he was hunting where the deer passed at 50yards everyday. The bow shot 4" groups at 50yards with the whisker biscuit on it. He got the deer!

I am sure there are alot of untuned bows the whisker biscuit won't work on.

I know that have gotten good results with the biscuit on my bows. I probably would with any other rest too, because I would tune the bow to make it work.

I could care less for the academy awards or the people who attend them.

The total number of people who have successfully taken theSuperSlam of all 28 big game animals with a bow is six. Out of those six, three of them are shooting the whisker biscuit arrowrest on their bow. And that's the kind of company I would rather be in.

Good luck hunting! >>>------------>
Old 02-23-2006, 06:55 PM

I WAS THINKING ON GETTING ONE JUST FOR MY HUNTING BOW, THIS PAST SEASON I SPOKED 2 BIG BUCK AND I MEAN BIG CAUSE OF THE NOISE OF MY DROP.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Bradkoz

ive converted everyone i hunt with to use them (8-12 people) all of us shoot great to at least 35 yds many dif types of bows and arrow set-ups. no problems just get it set where the rest should be. but i def recomend feathers just fall through the rest so smooth. i shot mine for over 1500 shots then replaced them just because i had the time. if i didnt have that on id go with the old TM hunter just because the drop aways are such a risk for something breaking or getting stuck and most flop the arrow around thats why everyone puts fleece tape all over the bow with them on.
I'm not trying to piss you off here, but have you ever used a drop-away? I've got a trophy ridge dropzone and I just may not ever switch. It's worked unbelievably well for the past two years i've owned it. I've had no mechanical problems, and it shoots like a dream. The arrow doesn't flop around, the rest is quiet, so I don't know what you think is so terrible about them. There are plenty of drop-aways that work just fine, and there are a lot that don't. The key is looking around. Like I said I don't know if you had a bad experience with one or not, i'm just saying that I know lots of people who are satisfied with the Dropzone. And lots of people who are satisfied with the Quicktune 2000/4000.
they work great ive shot a few of the most recomended but the thing is i just dont trust them enough. i dont want anything else mechanical on the bow if i can get the same accuracy out of a rest that holds the arrow like the biscuit and is so simple thats what ill use thats what ill recomend. im getting into competative shooting now and i may use a drop away on my bow for that but i sure wont be using it for hunting. just would want to kill myself if the buck of a lifetime stepped in front of me and then i draw and look down and the mechanisim that raises the rest is broken or stuck, just cant do it. theres nothing that makes them better then a biscut for any hunting situations or ethical shots.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:41 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: mexhuntr

I WAS THINKING ON GETTING ONE JUST FOR MY HUNTING BOW, THIS PAST SEASON I SPOKED 2 BIG BUCK AND I MEAN BIG CAUSE OF THE NOISE OF MY DROP.
I love my WB but I was shooting 2413 SuperSlams until last year and I was getting some noise on the draw. I was using the large biscuit and had plenty of room for the 2413's. I waxed the arrows and it seemed to fix the noise but I ended up shooting ICS Hunter Elites and got no noise and didn't have to wax them. If you go with a WB get the QS biscuit. Its alot easier loading arrows.

Quick Reply: whisker biskit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.