Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

whisker biskit

Old 02-23-2006, 07:28 AM

Default RE: whisker biskit

Try doing a search.I wish I had a dollar for everytime this question has been asked and I have not been here that long. Its a great rest I love mine
Old 02-23-2006, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

It is the perfect hunting rest.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Try doing a search.I wish I had a dollar for everytime this question has been asked...
That ain't no lie!
Old 02-23-2006, 11:21 AM
Dominant Buck

Well.....I could write a BOOK, but I got rid of mine because of the noise. Period. Otherwise it's a great rest. It's not "noisy"....but my drop away makes no noise.

Ifyou thinks it'sgreat.....it's for sale (the biscuit). I used it for a couple of months.

Jeff
Old 02-23-2006, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bradkoz

ive converted everyone i hunt with to use them (8-12 people) all of us shoot great to at least 35 yds many dif types of bows and arrow set-ups. no problems just get it set where the rest should be. but i def recomend feathers just fall through the rest so smooth. i shot mine for over 1500 shots then replaced them just because i had the time. if i didnt have that on id go with the old TM hunter just because the drop aways are such a risk for something breaking or getting stuck and most flop the arrow around thats why everyone puts fleece tape all over the bow with them on.
I'm not trying to piss you off here, but have you ever used a drop-away? I've got a trophy ridge dropzone and I just may not ever switch. It's worked unbelievably well for the past two years i've owned it. I've had no mechanical problems, and it shoots like a dream. The arrow doesn't flop around, the rest is quiet, so I don't know what you think is so terrible about them. There are plenty of drop-aways that work just fine, and there are a lot that don't. The key is looking around. Like I said I don't know if you had a bad experience with one or not, i'm just saying that I know lots of people who are satisfied with the Dropzone. And lots of people who are satisfied with the Quicktune 2000/4000.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:56 PM

ORIGINAL: bowtech die hard

I HATE THEM! I've seen lots of problems with 'em. i.e. vanes/feathers/bad flight/tough tuning.
Have you ever had any of those problems YOURSELF? Do yo have any firsthand experience with this rest?
Old 02-23-2006, 01:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Do yo have any firsthand experience with this rest?
Meaning you don't think he has a right to express an opinion if he doesn't, I assume.

How do you know it would hurt if you clobbered yourself in the head with a hammer? I learned a lot of stuff like that without having to do it myself because I had a really stupid cousin. Learning through observation.

Observation is just as good as first hand experience, and I've observed a lot of people that had exactly those problems with the wb. My first hand experience with the wbhas been trying to help some of those poor souls get their bows tuned and shooting. I've also been around a somewhat lesser number of people that didn't have those problems.

As far as I'm concerned, a wb has two things going for it. 1) Itis simple and uncomplicated, with no moving parts. 2) There is no way an arrow can fall off the rest unless you draw the arrow's point all the way through it... though the problem of arrows falling off the rest has been over-exaggerated to the point of being ridiculous.

On all other counts - tuneability, accuracy, arrow speed, fletching clearance - a plain old launcher rest can whup it, every time. If you've got the prongs adjusted right, it's pretty darn hard toeven MAKEan arrow fall off the rest, unless you turn the bow upside down.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:34 PM

ORIGINAL: mdhunter27

i was lookin at buyin one.what do uall think bout them thanks
The whisker biscuit arrowrest works great for me!

The whisker biscuit works best with properly tuned bows shooting the correct spine arrows for the bow.

As a hunting rest it is the safest, quietest, most accurate rest in the woods.

In over eight years of use I have found the biscuit to be completely reliable in the field. It has never frozen, bent, gone out of adjustment or failed to work properly.

I have gotten in excess of 50,000 shots on an original whisker biscuit and the hole in the rest is still round and the rest looks like it can go for another eight years without a problem.

I have three Oneida bows, two Bear bows, a Jennings bow, a Martin bow, three Mathews bows, a Hoyt MTSport, a Bowtech VFT, and a Newberry LB1, and everyone of these bows has tuned quietly and accurately withthe whisker biscuit arrowrest. That is over a dozen different bows and zero problems.

Simply bolting a rest on a bow will not majically tune a bow or correct the spine of the arrows shot on the bow. You still need to tune your bow.

Good luck hunting! >>>------------>

Old 02-23-2006, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

i love mine but you have to get a drop in because if you have to insert hte arrow in backwards every time it gets annoying
Old 02-23-2006, 03:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

The whisker biscuit works best with properly tuned bows shooting the correct spine arrows for the bow.
Duh![8D]

Jeez! Putting a wb on a Newberry.... That's like wearing a dirty T-shirt and cutoffs to the Academy Awards.

Quick Reply: whisker biskit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.