HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - whisker biskit
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2006, 01:20 PM
Arthur P
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: whisker biskit

Do yo have any firsthand experience with this rest?
Meaning you don't think he has a right to express an opinion if he doesn't, I assume.

How do you know it would hurt if you clobbered yourself in the head with a hammer? I learned a lot of stuff like that without having to do it myself because I had a really stupid cousin. Learning through observation.

Observation is just as good as first hand experience, and I've observed a lot of people that had exactly those problems with the wb. My first hand experience with the wbhas been trying to help some of those poor souls get their bows tuned and shooting. I've also been around a somewhat lesser number of people that didn't have those problems.

As far as I'm concerned, a wb has two things going for it. 1) Itis simple and uncomplicated, with no moving parts. 2) There is no way an arrow can fall off the rest unless you draw the arrow's point all the way through it... though the problem of arrows falling off the rest has been over-exaggerated to the point of being ridiculous.

On all other counts - tuneability, accuracy, arrow speed, fletching clearance - a plain old launcher rest can whup it, every time. If you've got the prongs adjusted right, it's pretty darn hard toeven MAKEan arrow fall off the rest, unless you turn the bow upside down.